Bergerly Grand Jury

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabino, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Gabino

Gabino Member

Here is a story that probably would not have happened if President Bush had not been re-elected.

DOWN SANDY'S PANTS

January 15, 2005 -- Federal prosecutors haven't forgotten about Sandy Berger, Bill Clinton's na tional security advisor, who was caught smuggling classified documents from the National Archives by stuffing them down his pants and into his socks.

It turns out that career Justice Department prosecuters have taken the case before a federal grand jury in Washington.

Berger, recall, admitted taking up to 50 documents — marked "Code Word," the highest security classification — from the National Archives. He'd been vetting them, he said, for the national 9/11 Commission on behalf of Clinton.

First, Berger "knowingly" stuffed handwritten notes he'd made from the documents down his socks without submitting them for a required review.

Then he took original classified documents out of the archives entirely. When officials demanded their return, he said some of them had been destroyed.

Everything, he says, was "inadvertent," or the result of "sloppiness."

Among the missing documents are multiple drafts of an after-action memo by Richard Clarke reviewing al Qaeda attempts to attack America during the millennium celebration.

The memo reportedly identified weaknesses so "glaring" that only "luck" prevented an attack on Clinton's watch.

Instead of being outraged, Democrats have laughed the whole thing off as "typical Sandy."

But would Clinton & Co. be laughing if, say, Condoleezza Rice had been discovered sneaking top secret documents out of the White House in her bra?
    Well, some of those top Democrats now find themselves being grilled by the grand jury — with more to come.

Here's hoping the feds stay vigilant on this one — and hold those responsible for this outrage accountable.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/editorial/38220.htm

I just hope that it isn't an attempt to go after the Librarian instead of the Bergerlur.

2. Gabino

Gabino Member

24 hours and not one reply.

Is this the left ignoring what is going to be a big 2005 story?
    Is this the left pretending the story doesn't exist?

Obviously my own post is simply a blatant bump to keep the issue at the top of the heap. It's my duty to do so.:)

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Gabino.

4. Ole_Goat

Ole_Goat Member

Gabino?...I don't think I understand the...oh wait...now I do. Never mind.

I just waiting to see if he is indicted. Seems there should be plenty of evidence for a trial.

5. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Whoever said there aren't fuckups on the left? If it turns out he was stealing documents and was engaged in espinoage, shoot the bastard. I don't care which color you wear (red, blue), when your a spy you're all yellow.
    Now, if it turns out the documents he stole proved (hypothetically) conclusively that bush lied knowingly to congress and the world and he was stealing them to leak them, then give the guy a medal!*

(what's the difference you might ask? the act of theft is already committed, who cares who the documents go to?! well, if he's leaking documents that might bring down corrupt politicans he's helping the american people, if he's spying on us, than he's hurtin the american people, that's the difference.)

*i'm not saying that the documents did prove bush lied, it's just an example of where they contained information that the public should know.

6. Gabino

Gabino Member

Well sincer Berger worked for the clinton Administration, I doubt very much that the documents implicate President Bush.

On the other hand, what if the documents prove that clinton lied, that clinton really could have caught bin Laden, but just wasn't interested?

7. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Wait, he was smuggling out documents, that usually means he was going to leak those to the press after he was out.
    I think that they would be getting back at bush more than clinton, and I highly doubt that clinton would have caught bin laden and let him go after the 93 bombings.