Berg: No good in al-Zarqawi's death

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Higherthanhell, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

By RANDALL CHASE, Associated Press Writer
    46 minutes ago

The father of Nicholas Berg, a U.S. contractor believed to have been beheaded by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Iraq, said Thursday that al-Zarqawi's killing will only perpetuate the cycle of violence in the Middle East.

"I think al-Zarqawi's death is a double tragedy," Michael Berg told The Associated Press after learning a U.S. airstrike had killed the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. "His death will incite a new wave of revenge. George Bush and al-Zarqawi are two men who believe in revenge."

Al-Zarqawi is believed to have beheaded two American civilians in 2004: Nicholas Berg, a 26-year-old businessman from West Chester, Pa., and Eugene Armstrong, a 52-year-old contractor from Hillsdale, Mich. Jack Hensley, a 48-year-old engineer from Marietta, Ga., was abducted at the same time as Armstrong and also killed.

Armstrong's family did not want to discuss al-Zarqawi.

"An evil man is dead, and what more can you say?" said family spokeswoman Cyndi Armstrong, the wife of the slain contractor's cousin.

Michael Berg, a pacifist who is running for Delaware's lone House seat on the Green Party ticket, said al-Zarqawi's death is likely to foster anti-American resentment among al-Qaida members who feel they have nothing left to lose.

Berg said the blame for most deaths in Iraq should be placed on President Bush, who he said is "more of a terrorist than Zarqawi."

"Zarqawi felt my son's breath on his hand as held the knife against his throat. Zarqawi had to look in his eyes when he did it," Berg added, pausing to collect himself. "George Bush sits there glassy-eyed in his office with pieces of paper and condemns people to death. That to me is a real terrorist."

Al-Qaida in Iraq confirmed al-Zarqawi's death and vowed to continue its "holy war," according to a statement posted on a Web site. The group has taken responsibility for numerous attacks on U.S. and Iraqi targets in the past few years.

Berg: No good in al-Zarqawi's death

By RANDALL CHASE, Associated Press Writer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060608/ap_on_re_us/al_zarqawi_berg_8

2. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

Looks like I'm not the only one who sees the truth. Bush allowed the beheading of Nick Berg and alot of the others. He knew that Zarchary was held up in Faluja but failed to act because he thought it might be a political disaster before the election if we suffered casualties. That's why we invaded Faluja exactly 8 hours after the election results where verified. Bush is just as guilty as Zarchary in my book...for allowing the murders to happen and encouraging people like Nick Berg to go to Iraq to rebulid claiming major combat was over. It was Bush's lies that created the circumstances that Zarchary capitalized on....Bush was leading the sheep to the wolves and didn't care who died..as long as he was reelected.
    As far as I'm concerned anyone who supported or condoned the lies and actions of Bush just so they could get a tax break is just as low if not lower than Zarchary. America is full of a bunch of money grabbing, lying fools and the entire planet knows it.