Belgium

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by chapati, Jul 12, 2004.

1. chapati

chapati Member

hi everybody :D

i will go to belgium this summer. because i'll work on a world music festival (esperanzah!). but before i would like to travel around in belguim. can anybody recommend me something?
    first i'll go to oostende, does somebody now it?

i hope that anybody is from belguim here and can help me to find wonderful places.
    i wish you a nice day!!
    love chapati

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Member

Hi!

I'm from Belgium (Antwerp) and I must say there are a few places that are rather good to go to:
    Oostende is a "city" by the sea. There are a lot of old people [​IMG] but teenagers too of course [​IMG] . And of course the grey water of the Northsea...
    You have to go to Ghent (Gent) too! This city rocks! A lot of students, great bars, the beautiful old part of town, a chocolatebar, ... and from 17th July till 26th July there are the "Gentse Feesten" (a lot of "concerts", markets, etc. in the streets of the citycentre).
    Antwerp is a city where you can shop a lot. You must also go to the theatre there and don't forget the bars too [​IMG] ! But the problem these years is that there are works on the streets so it's rather difficult to get there by car.
    Brussels is a great city too. Multicultural! Actually the same as Antwerp when it comes to going out.
    I still have to "discover" the rest of Belgium myself because I don't have the time to go away a lot [​IMG] . And here's a tip: travel by train, it's the easiest way to get around Belgium. Unfortunately it's not that cheap and the trains tend to be late (5-15 minutes mostly), but if you would travel by car you'll be stuck in a traffic-jam, NO MATTER WHAT! In Flanders people speak Dutch. And if you want to go somewhere and you can't find the road, just ask. A Fleming looks a bit angry/grumpy/introvert but he/she will mostly help you. In the Walloon provinces they speak French. I believe that's easier for you [​IMG] . The people there look more warm-hearted too. And don't expect nice weather. It usually rains!

3. migle

migle Senior Member

Obviously, it seems that you don't know it, but I think you know and you are part of the conspiration.

Although you think we don't know, there are some people who know, and try to tell everybody the truth.

And which is that truth:

BELGIUM DOESN'T EXIST.

This is the site where the truth is shown:

http://zapatopi.net/belgium.html

Click if you want the truth...

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Member

lol. Where did you find this? It's hilarious!

Strange... what am I :eek: then? Some unidentified walking creature :p (which can speak foreign languages!!)... And it's so sad that I haven't got my personal belgian history :( . Oh well, let us not despair, I can still steal some foreign customs (like every liberal "belgian" does) and create another place for me and my followers. Maybe we can settle near Madrid :X . Will you visit us then? Hahahahaaa...

Lots of love!

5. migle

migle Senior Member

Hehehehehe, of course I would go and visit you, you can live here or wherever you want... don't tell me about flags, don't tell me about borders...

World is for all

6. Skelter

Skelter Helter

Don't forget to visit the beautiful city Bruges. it's not so far from Oostende.

7. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

I vistited a toilet in Belgium once. Very clean it was.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Belgium = beer

9. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

lol, Matt! You're obsessed with beer, aren't you? :) But I understand, good beer is a real pleasure!

10. JeF_eCsalt

JeF_eCsalt Member

and good belgian beer is a great feeling :p !
    Don't forget Liège, too.
    People here love to party !

11. nldn

nldn Senior Member

If Belgium doesn't exist than I have more French ancestry than I thought. I could even play for the French football team!