Being attacked by Sokets de Trois v1. trojan horse

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by brothersun, May 17, 2004.

1. brothersun

brothersun Member

Just started today. I'm being attacked by Sokets de Trois v1. trojan horse every one to two minutes. My norton internet security is blocking attack. But its slowing down my puter. And hinders my online gaming. Anyone know what this thing does and how to stop it? I tried to check for info online but have not found what this thing does. I believe it accesses port 5000 plug n play, but not sure how to correct this problem. also ran antivirus and it says my puter is clean.:confused:

2. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If most of the attacks are comming from the same IP block you can file an abuse complaint...you will need logs.

If you know the IP and they are all the same post it for more info.

3. Tô®n

Tô®n Member

Bummer man, here is some info I dug up on that problem http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBL/TIP5700/rh5799.htm

Disabling UnPnP=manually closing port 5000

Add/Remove Programs / Add/Remove Windows Components / Networking Services / Details / uncheck "Universal Plug and Play" / OK / Next / Wait for Setup to configure components / Finish .... Some info from some people with the same issues can be found here and here One must keep in mind that port 5000 which is opened by Windows ME and XP by default. For this, there is no service, which you can turn off. To close this port, it is necessary to actually uninstall a certain system component. Port 5000 is used for plug and play with network devices. If you close this port the network plug and play is no longer available. ( I am aware you know this just stating the obvious, cuz I am great at that lol) ;). I hope this helps you in some way, shape or form.. ~peace~

4. brothersun

brothersun Member

Ok i believe problem fixed. think it was an internal problem. computer was trying to access port incorrectly and norton was thinking it was a trojan