Beer is GOOD for you. + ME TIME

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Boozercruiser, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Every single day leading up to midnight I have usually tucked Wifey in bed.

Then over the next 2 or 3 hours or so I have two 500 (565 is a pint) bottles of lovely Proper Job Bitter Beer.
    Or similar.
    Plus usually a cheese and tomato sandwich, plus a hand full of mixed none salted crisps.
    Plus an oatees biscuite.

There is no music or telly or radio on as I just sit with the sound of silence.
    I usually read The Daily Mail, and also use my IPad to check on newspapers and magazines as I subscribe to Readly.
    No sound involved

ME TIME

Heaven!

Reading the below article in todays Daily Mail has reinforced my belief that Beer in particular, or any alcohol is good for you in moderation.

What say you?

Also.
    Do YOU have any ME time for just yourself?

Beer IS good for you! Scientists claim two pints a day may slash your risk of dementia | Daily Mail Online

Drinking beer every night may lower your risk of dementia, scientists claim.

Australian researchers studied the drinking habits and dementia rates among 25,000 over-60s.

Results showed people who drank the equivalent of two pints a day were a third less likely to get the memory-robbing condition than teetotalers.

Non-drinkers faced the highest threat, according to the results. They were roughly a fifth more likely to be struck down with dementia than the biggest boozers, who got through at least three pints a night.

The researchers said their findings show that abstaining from alcohol seems to carry no protective benefits against dementia.

However, experts noted that while moderate alcohol consumption may stave off the cruel disorder, excessive drinking is dangerous.

[​IMG]

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

3. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Week days i rather smoke a joint.(work)

But weekends a Beer(and a joint)......Gaming/listening music/trollin the interwebz a bit.(me time :D)

[​IMG]

Mzzls

Captain Scarlet and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

But two cats are better than one :) LOL!

Me time is very good for anyone.

Beer isn't my favorite, but I like a shot of rum or tequila before I make dinner. I find that if I smoke or drink later than that I snore too loudly and will wake myself up snoring. :)

5. Boozercruiser

I don’t drink Wine Gal.:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
    But YES.
    Of course it is good for you!

10 reasons why drinking wine is good for you - The Wine & More

Wine is not just another alcoholic drink. It is often called the nectar of Gods, it has been around for thousands of years, and it is probably the oldest known drink besides water.
    Plato said that nothing more excellent or valuable than wine was ever granted by the gods to man, and we have no ambition to contradict Plato!

The list of health benefits of drinking wine – moderately, of course – is long and is becoming longer every year.
    Forget about the apple, one glass of wine a day will most definitely keep the doctor away! It’s not only red wine that has health benefits, but white wine too – red wine is richer in polyphenols, but the antioxidants contained in white wine are stronger!

Take a look at the top 10 reasons why drinking wine is good for you:

Controls your cholesterol level

Studies have confirmed that red wine raises the level of HDL or ‘good cholesterol’, which helps unclog your arteries. It is recommended to have one or two glasses with a meal every day.

Supports better blood circulation

Light-red wines help expand blood vessels thus helping circulation. Recommendation: have one small glass of wine with each meal, a maximum of three times a day.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  6. Candy Gal

Ooh my lovely Boozy xxx

7. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

2x pints of cider tonight ,,,im happy

Captain Scarlet and Candy Gal like this.
  8. Candy Gal

Good night then and sweet dreams. X

Captain Scarlet and roadhogg like this.
  9. Boozercruiser

And there’s more!

Light-red wines help expand blood vessels thus helping circulation. Recommendation: have one small glass of wine with each meal, a maximum of three times a day.

[​IMG]

Prevents heart disease

Red wine is rich in an antioxidant called resveratrol that may help protect the lining of blood vessels in your heart. In order to profit from red wine’s antioxidant benefits, one should have a light-red wine with meals and before going to sleep. Men should have 0,3 liters a day and women should have 0,2 liters a day.

Good for stress relief

If you are constantly stressed, a glass of wine may be of help. You should take a break and have a glass of wine slowly and enjoy every sip. No particular wine is recommended; you should have your favorite wine. Still, bear in mind that red wines calm and relax, while white wines energize.

Can help prevent colds

Traditional medicine has said that drinking wine can prevent the common cold because it can help kill viruses and bacteria. Scientists have proven that moderate wine drinking can boost immunity to colds up to 85 percent.

Will help cure a sore throat

Take wine in small sips and let it glide over your tongue and swallow slowly. This is believed to help cure a sore throat. You can heat the wine and add spices to make mulled wine, but pay attention not to boil it – too high a temperature will destroy all the vitamin C and iron the wine contains.

CROATIA
    G&J Tvoja Krv i Moja 2016
    [​IMG]

Add to cart£38.36333,25 HRK
    Helps prevent anemia

Moderate drinking of red wine can help prevent and even cure anemia. It is recommended to have a small glass of wine with your lunch every day and a glass of wine every evening.

Supports your weight loss.

Alcohol and weight loss are considered enemies, but studies have shown that people who drink wine daily actually have a lower body mass, narrower waists, and less abdominal fat than people who drink liquor.

Helps build better bones

A study has shown a connection between moderate wine consumption and increased bone mineral density. The positive effect of wine on the health of bones has been proven for women, but there is research suggesting that wine can have beneficial effects on men’s bones too.

Will help you stay younger

Wine drinkers have been found to have up to 40 percent more antioxidants in their bodies compared to non-wine drinkers. Antioxidants ‘catch’ free radicals and prevent cell aging. Wine lovers on average live longer and stay younger and more vital.

Candy Gal and Captain Scarlet like this.
  10. Boozercruiser

Good Night Gal.:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
    I shall dream of you tonight.
    Mind you.
    It will likely be a Wet Dream! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Good night.

11. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I was drinking this on Sunday at My old school chums Pub . The Kings head Bolton.

Its an exceptional beer being one of the nicest I have ever tasted . My mate has just one a cellaring award of Level 5 which is the highest and so all of his beers are in tip top condition

Its brewed very locally to me in Horwich near Bolton.

[​IMG]

upload_2022-9-27_11-58-7.jpeg

Candy Gal likes this.
  12. Captain Scarlet

You mean plonk :)

Candy Gal likes this.
  13. Boozercruiser

That sounds and looks like a beer I would enjoy Captain.
    And at 3.9% not too strong ABV either.

I will keep an eye out for it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Candy Gal and Captain Scarlet like this.
  14. Candy Gal

15. Captain Scarlet

Get it right Candy xxx:)
    [​IMG]

Candy Gal likes this.
  16. Candy Gal

Trust you. lol

17. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I prefer quality over quantity, which is why I drink Spirits - Rum, vodka, gin or for preference Brandy.

Boozercruiser and Candy Gal like this.
  18. Boozercruiser

Never been fussed on shorts Vlad.
    Except perhaps the odd Southern Comfort.

It’s gotta be just Real Ale for me.
    AND it is good for me! :)

19. Boozercruiser

It is a long time since I heard Wine called Plonk.
    But it sure suits! :laughing:

Captain Scarlet and Candy Gal like this.
  20. Candy Gal

[​IMG]