Becoming a vegeterian again, soon.

Discussion in 'So you want to be a Vegetarian?' started by Bewildered, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Bewildered

Bewildered Guest

On Febuary 1st I'll become a vegeterian, again. Maybe after time this will change into being a vegan but I'm not too sure.

I need a good protein source as a replacement. I have these cereal bars that are 7.7g of protein per bar, but I'll only be having one a day so that's pretty useless :p

Any suggestions?

2. lameazz

lameazz Member

Beans, sprouts, nuts

3. Bewildered

Bewildered Guest

How much? =3

Will they completely replace the meat or only help out a little?

4. learn2see

learn2see Member

Damn I didn't know sprouts had protien! I love those.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Look at the top sticky, the FAQ and info. I put up several online resources for tracking best foods to eat for specific nutrients.

Do the math for how much protein your body needs, I used Jane Brody's formula of taking your ideal weight and multiplying it by 0.36 to get the grams of protein you need.

I'm not well in the loop for body building, so I'd check out veganfitness.net for that.
    ( but please share here!)

What I have learned over 30 years as a lacto veg, with many attempts to go fully strict veg, and research while raising my son vegetarian in my home, is the typical well balanced diet in either veg or vegan plans, had adequate protein.
    It was the imbalanced diets, long fasts, or impacted by multiple food allergy diets that were harder to hit protein levels.

6. Bewildered

Bewildered Guest

Thanks for the site and stuff. Definantly will check them out and share back :)

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Bewildered, how goes your veg journey?