Because i don't wear much makeup

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by missfontella, Jan 9, 2005.

1. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I've never been big on pore cleansers and toners and shit

well, I tried some (because in my old age I'm getting acne) and now my face feels like its on fire

is that normal?

2. velvet

velvet Banned

I'd say 'no'...

I never wear make-up and the only product I use on my skin is soap and olive oil (yes, from the same bottle I cook with, it's briliant)..

Maybe you can wash your face repeatedly with fresh, cold water and put some soothing stuff on it (arnica, calendulan, petrol jelly, olive oil)..

Hope the burning will stop! Good luck!

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

What kind did you use? Astringents and toners can cause painful stinging on sensitive (or virgin) skin. A lot of people need to build up a sort of tolerance to them.

4. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I used a moisturizer with salicylic acid acne medication

the burning has sudued......I hope that doesn't happen everytime

5. lace_and_feet

Don't touch that stuff! Use jojoba oil instead. Trust me it's the best stuff you'll ever use on your face. It helped mine. It actually helps to unclog the pores. Been using it every day for over a year now.

6. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

You have pretty skin.

Where do you buy jojoba oil? I'd be afraid it would make my skin oily but it's worth trying.

I use plain rubbing alcohol on my acne. It works.

7. lace_and_feet

Thanks. :) Actually jojoba oil is good for even oily skin--it helps control and regulate oil. It'll help even out your skin no matter if it's dry, oily or combination (like mine). I get it at a local health food store and a 4 oz. bottle costs about $10 but it lasts me over 6 months. You can find it on the internet for even cheaper, if you don't have a healthfood store around you.

8. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah salicylic acid is one of the ingredients in aspirin(acetylsalic)...thats why the burning went away....

Bust out the Neutrogena for astringency then a mild soap or cleaner for everyday skin care...keep the face moisturized to avoid dryness, but not enough so the skin cannot breathe...a mildly steaming washcloth every so often helps to open the pores and supple the skin to a new level of soft touchability and carefree day to day confidence.

9. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I have really sensitive skin. Everything makes my face burn, but it doesn't last but a little while. I break out more now (esp. right before my period) then I ever did as a teenager.

Unless it's unbearable, or it lasts longer then 10 minutes without getting better, I'd say you're alright.

10. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Where'd that come from???

11. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

That's how you know it's working... :D

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

burning means it's too much. if you want to use the salicylic acid, apply it directly to the spots, not all over the skin. i do this. i seems you me and peanuts are in the same acne boat. anyway, neutrogena has a good skin scrub, too. i've been using glycerine products for cleansing, and the acid for the spots. after a while, it finally worked. if tha acid is too hard for your skin still, try using crest original on the spots. takes longer, but works reallywell.

13. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I'm taking what I said and making a post, bye. ;)

14. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Clinique makes a whole of various shit for it, I find it to work well... You can get it for men or women, and all different sorts of skin... :D