Bear vs. Gorilla

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by newo, Jan 16, 2005.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

On the Animal Planet channel there's a show which sometimes pits two different animals in a computer-animated fight to the death. They only seem to use animals that might run into each other in their natural environment, and I started thinking what would happen if these two animals which would never run into each other in a natural state were to fight it out. (Not that I'd ever want it to happen, I'm just curious.)

A full-grown male bear and male gorilla the same size. They're an even match in terms of strength. Bears have sharp teeth for eating meat but gorillas have big fangs too so they can defend themselves, so their bites are also an even match.

Gorillas have longer arms so they have a reach advantage. They're also smarter and more agile.

A bear's biggest advantage is its claws.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i'd take the gorrila over the bear, just because its more agile.

have you seen the Tiger vs Lion one...thats the only one i have seen...it was fucking awesome.

3. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

4. newo

I saw the lion vs. tiger episode, also hippo/crocodile, great white shark/salt water crocodile, elephant/rhino, cougar/wolf and gorilla/leopard (the winners are all listed first). I'd also like to see a hippo/rhino matchup. (Damn, have I really seen all those episodes?)

5. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

There is a book written by a cousin of mine called "Bear vs. Shark" it is about this very thing; sort of. It is a parody of consumer culture and ridiculous stuff like this. It is based around a fmaily trying to get to vegas to watch the annual "Bear vs. Shark" match where they pit a holographic grizzlr against a holographic shark.

Anyhow. I would have to go with the gorilla due to the long arms and greater agility.

6. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I think the bear would eat the gorrilla

7. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Bear in two. The gorilla will last the first round because of strength. But those bleeding wounds from the claws and teeth will sap him. The bear's power and weight will make it a short second round.

8. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

i got $50 on the bear

9. newo

A gorilla may not have claws but its fists could smash a bear's skull. If the gorilla fought the bear head to head it could be in trouble but if it jumped to the side so it could attack the bear from the side or from behind it could beat the bear to a pulp.

10. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Man, newo, I just don't know. Old Ursa is a spry, sly ol coot. With his reach, I just don't think Silverback would stand a chance.

11. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I got my money on the grizzly.

12. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

the bear would own the gorilla. One swipe of the paw can really do some damage (are we talking about grizzlies here?), what with the claws and huge force of it. The gorrilla hits with fists, the bear hits with claws. And a gorillas best weapon is it's teeth, but it has to get real close to use them, and the bear would just smack the shit out of it. then bite it some too.

ps: bears are more agile and fast than they look.

13. newo

Not necessarily a grizzly since they need to be the same size and grizzlies can grow to be twice as big as a gorilla.

I guess in a fight to the death I'd give the edge to the bear, but the fight could end quickly either way. One swipe of the bear's claws could kill the gorilla, but one bash on the head from a gorilla's fists could kill or stun the bear. A bite to the neck by either one and it would be all over.

I'm no expert but it seems to me the bear would be the first to back down and run away.