Bay Area, California prices: Please Help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Price Watch' started by cweed, Apr 23, 2007.

1. cweed

cweed Member

Hello all,

I just started selling in the Bay Area. I need help with some prices. I want to be fair, but I want sell for what it's worth too.

Now, I'm selling organic stuff from Mendo. Right now I'm selling as follows:
    1g=20 sack
    eighth=$60
    quarter=$110
    one oz=$350

Is this too outrageous? How much stuff should be in a dime? Please help me out.

-cweed

2. Born2Lose

Born2Lose Member

Could you post up some pics of the stuff you have? Because without seeing it i can't judge it. Especially with no specific strain name of what you are selling. Personally unless it was really good dank shit. Stuff that can compare with Afgooey, or Blueberry, i wouldn't pay that much.

Around here i can pick up Afgooey, Pineapple Kush, Blueberry, Sour Diesel, and Trainwreck all for about $50. And that's without me knowing a cheap dealer either. This stuff is all from Humboldt, were they can buy it for about $220 an ounce.

3. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I live in the Bay Area and this is far overpriced. Bud from the cannabis club nearly always sells as such:

0.5 g = $10
    1.0 g = $15
    3.5 g = $45
    7.0 g = $90
    14.0 g = $150
    28.0 g = $250

If it's really high quality you can tack on another $5. But in order to do so it doesn't just have to be absolute dank, it has to be the kind of stuff that looks like you spray painted it purple and then dipped it in sugar.

Now, is your stuff homegrown or did you buy it from the medical clubs? The prices I gave were for top of the line medical bud, if yours is homegrown those prices are probably too high.

To be quite frank, your prices are outrageously high. I, nor anyone smoker I know, would pay those prices unless it was bud injected with THC. Honestly, lower your prices to what I posted or you're going to get laughed at... by stoners...

4. cweed

cweed Member

Wow. Well, I didn't realize how off I was. I thought that I had heard in SF an eighth being as much as 80. hmm.

This stuff looks good, but nothing purple. This is an organic indica strain called lotusbud. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

I really appreciate all the feedback

5. paintballer687

Heh, I live half an hour from SF and have never heard of an eighth being over $60. The prices and quality doesn't fluctuate too much because of the Cannabis Clubs. They have pretty rigid quality control and near standardized pricing, you can't really get away with selling above the normal prices because it's so readily available at that price the buyer could very easily choose another dealer.

6. /30NG Boi

/30NG Boi Member

wow u guys been getting ripped over their in the USA, Back here in the uk u can more or less get your gear anywhere, Usually street econimies is , well variers where u are, 13 Miles from mine u can get 2.2 - 2.6 ish maybe 8 ! if ur lucky for £20 - £25
    by mine its 3.5 Full eight for £25, or 2.8 - 3.2 For £20 what about u guyes?

BTW need some 1 to post a "indepth" discusion / info on BHO,

7. paintballer687

Yeah, we probably have the most expensive bud around, but it's also the best bud around besides bud from the Netherlands. And don't you guys have some infected crop epidemic where sand and shit is getting in your bud?

8. Born2Lose

Born2Lose Member

That's funny, i actually pay less than you 30ng. Since you pay 25 pounds for it, that means you pay $50 US dollars for an eighth. And you don't even know what strains, and stuff your getting.

I can get great stuff for $40-$50 US dollars for an eighth.

9. paintballer687

Oh, I thought he was using euros for some reason. Yeah, the bud here is usually only $45 an eighth, looks like you're the one gettin' ripped off, heh.

10. /30NG Boi

/30NG Boi Member

hmm k lid "That's funny, i actually pay less than you 30ng. Since you pay 25 pounds for it, that means you pay $50 US dollars for an eighth. And you don't even know what strains, and stuff your getting.

I can get great stuff for $40-$50 US dollars for an eighth"
    LOL? do the math dude, im from the uk our currency is Enliglish Sterling Pound i pay usually from my supplyers/mates £20 is average depends from close to just mates , this is about 2.8 G - 3.5 from only mates, But close mates who "DEAL" i get a full eight lad, 3.5 GRAMS! for £20 nowadays because alot of it has been found and dealt with buy the merseyside constabilary in liverpool. O and as for strains or "CLassification" i do know a thing or to , TWO MAIN strains Sativa / indica . Allthough their are "Hybrids" such as White Widow, <- a lot of "THC" potency, But not the most so i have heard...

11. Born2Lose

Born2Lose Member

Well i hate so say it, but read the bold part. If you clearly think that, then you need alot to learn about growing, and strains.

Now let's do a little thing i like to call math. If you didn't know, this is the current conversion rate, between GBP and USD.

1.00 GBP

=

1.99143 USD

So, now that means your paying.
    20.00 GBP

=

39.8203 USD

For about 2.8 G - 3.5 G. Now, since you clearly don't know the difference between strains. Maybe even the difference between good chronic and bad chronic. You may actually be getting ripped off.

When for me, i can spend $40 - $50 USD. (Just in case you don't remember the conversion, that's £20 - £25) And pickup and eighth of some stuff like Afgooey, or Pineapple Kush. This is stuff that i know the strain, and i know the quality of the bud i'm getting.

So, please learn a few things, before you try and insult someone.

12. 80sbeepbop

80sbeepbop Member

hey cweed,

i just sent you a pm. get at me cuz i'd like to get somethin from you this week.
    i wanna buy my 1st oz this week. ...anybody that could help, pm me.

13. mobitsfa

mobitsfa Member

in cali where i'm at it's like this:

SHIT:
    Shitty leafy dry seed filled buds: 45-50 an ounce

I never really see any mids, just shit and good weed.

1 gram 15.00
    1/8 45.00
    1/4 85.00
    1/2 145
    O 280

Different dealers have diff prices, but only 5-10 dollars more or less.