Battlefield game makes a politcal statement?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Dec 20, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

They really are two completely different experiences.

In my experience.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's different for us. Super realistic graphics etc arrived in our adulthood. Your experience as an intelligent adult might be different than the experience of the five year old watching his older brother play. I know they have age restrictions but who is going to prevent those situations?

There are probably a lot of factors,but violent crimes amongst teenagers have risen. Maybe lifelike killing games have nothing to do with it, but it seems unlikely.

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I hadn't considered that.

You're right, we really don't know do we.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

No study I am aware of shows this link.

If there was a link the millions of people who play a game with guns or a Grand Theft Auto would act it out. People who say the game made them do it are rare and often had many issues before. It's a chicken or egg question.

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I didn't say that computer games caused people to act things out. I said I think it desensitizes people to violence.
    Like I said to McFuddy, I also think this is not something you'll see so much in people who were already adults when games got so lifelike.
    And maybe half the population could play war games and still feel a deep horror towards actual war.. what about the other half?