Bathroom problems

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by headymoechick, Jan 27, 2005.

1. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't know if this is a "women's issue" but I think girls use the bathroom more than guys do so here goes-

I have some wierd bathroom troubles. I don't think I have an overactive bladder, but during the day, when I'm working I use it a lot. Not only do I go frequently (like 5-6 times a day) but when I do have to go, I all of a sudden have to go BAD! I have to rush to the bathroom. This rarely happens at home though. On the weekends it will only happen once or twice the whole time. I get embarassed because I'll be on the phone and all of a sudden I have to RUN to the bathroom. I also can't sleep a full night with out waking up to pee.

Also when I poop ( I really hate talking about this) it's never solid. It's very watery. But only a little comes out and I don't feel relieved. So it's like I have diarrhea but I'm constipated.

Is something wrong with me?

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

the urination thing doesn't sound like it's that abnormal. Have you brought it up with your doc ever?

as for defecation... you might be intolerant of a food you're eating, or have a mild allergy. My mom's gluten intolerant and it took her years to figure it out, until then she'd had very mild diarrhea since she was a teenager

3. headymoechick

I won't have health insurance until next week. the cheap plan (the only one I can afford) starts at 19. I could qualify for the children's plan, but my parents have to apply and they live out of state.

So I haven't been to a doctor in a year. I'll ask when I go for a check up.

4. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Could be a lot of things. I heard that an overactive bladder, especially during the night, can be an early sign of diabetes..not to freak you out or anything.

As for the diahrea thing (ok i can't spell that sorry) that could be a lot of things too... but definitely worth asking about.

5. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Are you drinking more liquids at work then at home? I know I was having somewhat of the same problem during the day at work but I was also drinking alot more during that time. Plus if you drink alot of soda or coffee at work (like I was) the caffiene will dehydrate you and cause you to urinate more often. I know that I was getting that same feeling of "having to go right now". It sounds alot like overactive bladder, even though you said it doesnt happen much at home. Sometimes I had the feeling of, after urinating, not even 20 seconds later having the feeling like I have to go again, but only a tiny bit comes out. Kind of like a bladder infection, but there was no pain and it only happens once or twice afterward instead of over and over without relief. So if you have that then definatley look into overactive bladder but if you do get that symptom you can also pm me because I have found a way that helps without going to the doc (I have no insurance either).

6. headymoechick

no, I drink more at home which is weird. I don't drink soda or coffee. and when I go to the bathroom, I really do have to go. I just hate all of a sudden having to rush. I'm afraid that will happen when I'm in situation that I can't run to the bathroom.

anyway, diabetes does run in my family, but usually not until an elderly age.

thank god I turn 19 next tuesday and I can apply for the health insurance plan.

I just wanted to make sure it's not something serious, or even not serious but something that could be treated with out a doc.

7. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I dont think i would worry about it to much... At work i go pee alot... i mean alot... its my way to help take care of bordom.... or so i figured... im the same way when there is no power and it snowing all at the same time... theres nothing to do so i pee alot... As for the Diarraha i think its probarbly a combination of some form of intolorence (im lactos intolorent and it happens to me all the time cause i love dairy) And not having enough of the right fiber... so overall your diet... there are 2 diffenent types of fiber the slow and the fast moving type.... if you have too much of the fast moving its gonna be come out faster obviously... slow moving is bad for you if you dont have enough fast to compensate... Slow moving fiver is found it oatmeal/granola and breads. Do you eat alot of these.... try changing your diet... Had a bran muffin or some prunes (fast moving fiber) everyday for a few days.. see if you feel relived after that... if you are.. you need to alter your diet... if not then consult a doctor

8. Abyle

Abyle Member

With the diarrhea, you MIGHT have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I get around it by not eating meat, refined sugar, or anything fried. Otherwise, I poop out everything I eat ten minutes later. (See, my post will disgust 10x as many people as yours, Moe. :) No need to feel embarrassed... Bwahahahaha.)

9. jupitersdarling

jupitersdarling Member

People with IBS also have a tendency to have an overactive bladder. It would be best to ask your doctor.

10. Disarm

Disarm Member

I really don't want to freak you out but your kidneys organise your bladder so I would get it checked pretty fast..If there's no blood or anything it should be fine but I would definitely get it checked.. I'm thinking you may be allergic to something, maybe you could think about when it started happening and any other changes which happened around that period? Like new job/different food/stopped doing something? It could be brought on by stress.

For the poop, eat some more carbohydratey foods? Breads and cereals, make sure you follow the food pyramid for a few days/a week and see if anythings different.

Whenever you post I think I've said something and cant remember cause of our avatars!!! lol