Bathing Suits

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Moonglow181, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What do you like in bathing suits?

I can never find one I love completely......I had a favorite bathing suit once not too long ago. It was a Jantzen....and the top was exactly like this one in this auction photo, but the blue part was black and the bottoms were black with the red and white stripe on top....It was the most comfortable suit I ever had, but I wore it out, wearing it so much. I lived in that thing....I hate the bottoms here...and don;t want blue with my red and white....damn....

and why do they always have alot of padded bra tops? Who wants to be bigger up top? I want to be smaller always.....I don;t mind if the foam bra tops can slide out, but in many of them, I wind up cutting the lining in the back to get them out....and am not going that route again.....

I am looking at suits all morning here for next year.....and I want tof ind a red one again for next year....but have not found one I am completely happy with yet.....I will post a photo if I find one I like....

I should design swim wear....I can never find what i picture in my head about anything in fashion....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Style-Pinup-High-Waist-Rockabilly-Bikini-Swimsuit-Red-White-Blue-/231682802767?var=530906549682&hash=item35f15f044f

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I always wear bandeau tops because I have little boobs and they fit very nicely. I can't wear the string kind with the triangular top, they make my boobs look horrible. I like the way a padded top makes my boobs look but they're not very comfortable.

I really like high waisted bottoms but I dont think they're very flattering on me

3. Moonglow181

bandeau tops...yes!...that was what the jantzen was....I also like tankini tops.....I don't like too many strings, either...i want something that will not fall off in the ocean.....LOL
    I never wanted any boobs....;)
    I was always happy with my legs....boy shorts are cute for bottoms...no strings...no cracks up the back....nonononono.....I want my suit to be practical always, as well as pretty to look at.

4. Sakie

Sakie Members

I have large breasts, but still love bikinis. I try to find good fitting bikini tops that preferably go over the shoulders, not around the neck, as my neck gets VERY sore after a while of holding them up.
    As for padding, as long as it doesn't curl inside, I'm good. Pisses me off when it curls and you have to stick your fingers into the tiny hole and attempt to fix it for five minutes. I just take it out now.
    My bikini tops are padded less than normal bras.
    Honestly, I'm swimming. And they're nipples. Who cares? haha.

Sagewynd likes this.
  5. Moonglow181

I care when i get out of the ocean...... :D

also...triangle tops...i agree, Meliai...yuck on me....and those Brazilian suits. You can keep them....too much nothing to cover anything.....:p

6. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Honestly, I just like a bathing suit that fits. I don't really care about the color or pattern, as I am always mixing and wearing mismatched tops and bottoms anyways, if I do wear a top. I do prefer to go topless on the beach, however it isn't comfortable to do that at the waterslides or public pool.

My tush is pretty bubbly, so it can be hard to find bottoms that fit just right. They either droop a little bit, or they ride between my ass cheeks. Annoying.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

shorts that dry fast

cant do the speedo thing because then everyone stares at my winkie

plus im too fat for speedo

or if its dark i just go naked

8. Laci

Laci Members

My breasts are DDD, so pretty big. The best solution I've found is to buy a spandex-y sports bra to wear, one with the padding in it. I just sew the padding to the swimsuit so it doesn't fold up. Sports bras offer more coverage and protection, come in a variety of colors, and still show the girls enough to be cute.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

In public, I always go with a one piece suit. High cut legs and as little padding as possible in the top and shoulder straps. I tend to swim laps and dive so a two piece is not something that works well.

At home I tend to wear just skin and so far it does not ride up. :)

10. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I like bikinis that have a skirt bottom to cover my big chubby hips. I find a regular bikini bottom squeezes my hips weirdly. For bikini tops I like a halter style or one that is similar to a bra with an underwire.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  11. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Hahhahaha you said "winkie"

I am so immature sometimes.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Short length board shorts and a tank that has a bra built in but also dries relatively quickly.
    I gave up on official suits years ago.

13. osteban

osteban Members

I swim in briefs or shorts. My GF is also in what is on her

14. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

My partner and I are both nudists, so we prefer nothing, but if we do have to cover up we both have micro swimwear that covers enough for decency and no more. Neither of us like the tan lines though. Years ago I was a swimwear model so I have a large collection of mini and micro swimwear to choose from.

15. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

If I am at a place where I cannot swim nude, I wear a black square-cut Speedo. Those are brief enough to feel close to being nude, but they cover enough that I don't call tons of attention to myself at a public place. I just want to swim without feeling like I'm lugging around a bunch of wet cloth.

16. RIJACO

RIJACO Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When we're not at a nudist resort or beach, I wear tan-through trunks. They've very light weight and the sun can shine through and keep me from getting tan lines. My wife does the same.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  17. For places where I must be covered I keep my one and only bikini . It is shocking pink and ties at the sides [pull two strings and it's gone]. There isn't much of me to cover but nevertheless it is SO tiny it only just does the job.
    Nicky x

RIJACO, Sagewynd, LoverLexi and 3 others like this.
  18. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan I’m just having a fun crazy time

boing now I have a bulge

LoverLexi, 6Sailor9 and nickynicky like this.
  19. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ha! Ha! Get a it buddy!!

LoverLexi likes this.
  20. Haha , I've seen that bulge . I could be a buddy !!!!!!

6Sailor9 and LoverLexi like this.