bass players?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by bassplaya, Jun 14, 2006.

1. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

so who all plays bass here??

i have an epiphone thunderbird (oh ya, 80's style) i play anything from rush to RHCP to iron maiden. what about u?

2. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

I am a guitarist primarily, but I play bass and drums as well. My main bass is a Fender Jazz that I love. I mainly play funk style bass.

3. Oric

Oric Member

I'm mainly a bassist, I started learning guitar after bass. I play a Mexican made Fender Jazz Bass and an American Precision Bass.

4. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Oh yeah, I play a Fender precision as well.

5. ~MorningManiacMusic~

~MorningManiacMusic~ Banned

I play!I have a fender jazz,epiphone les paul, and a Fernandez P-Bass:) Their not that great,but fuck it!The Fernandez is messed up in the guts,so I gotta get that fixed.

I play Rock & Metal.I'm mainly influnced by 60's,70's bassist,like John Eintwistle,Jack Casady,Jack Bruce,Mel Shacher,James Jamerson etc...

6. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Member

Count me in. I play a Fender P-bass, a fretless Fender Jazz bass, and a student 3/4 upright bass. I dig on all music, and there isnt any type of music I don't enjoy.

7. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

I just play air guitar

8. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

I used to be a bass player, haven't played in a while, although I may be taking it up again. A friend of mine hasn't been able to find a bass player for his band and asked me to fill in the position.

9. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I play, a little. I don't find it to be all that interesting, so "little" is definitely an overstatement :p

10. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I'm a guitarist, but I like playing bass too. I'm not very good at it though :p

11. Zajko

Zajko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I play acoustic upright bass with an international dance band called Panharmonium

12. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

nice man, ive always wanted to play one of those, unfortunatly never had the chance to

13. Lainey

Lainey Member

i live bass <3

14. Lainey

Lainey Member

i live bass <3

my first bass was a Washburn, simple lil dude, but i dekced it out to be pretty at leaste since the sound was practically pathetic..

then some dude owed me $200 for a tragic coke deal and now i have a sweet badass Washburn that actually isnt that great for my fingers so ill probably pawn it so i can buy an accustic/electric that ive been abusing every morning at the music world down the street..

at the moment im playing my brothers BC Rich Warlock, its a beauty. the sound.. mmm glorious i love it..

'should hear this sweet rip i just pulled
    bing bing dana ding ding dala ding ding dunna dung dung

15. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

pick or fingers for you guys?

16. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Fingers almost always. If I need a sharp accented sound I'll use a pick, otherwise I always play fingerstyle.

17. Vana

Vana Member

I like the sound fingers makes much more than a pick.

I've lost all my picks!

18. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

I play acoustic guitar, but bass is real good, actually, when I go off to University I'm going for Jazz bass. You know who I'm really gettinig into lately is the Red Hot Chili Peppers, jeez Flea is amazing. And Rush will always be my favorite prog rock band, Geddy Lee is the reason I play bass.

19. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

good taste moonlight haha. i like playin with fingers waaaayyy more, it just seems more natural, and like your more involved.... hard to explain

20. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

Its like with a pick its just a guitar player on a deep sounding guitar with the b/e strings missing. Fingers all the way. Hey, what do ya think of Victor Wooten?