Basketball Diaries

Discussion in 'Movies' started by clockworkorangeagain, Jan 26, 2005.

1. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

Yeah so i know im years late, but i fianlly saw it for the first time last night and was a little baffled... i thought it would have more content and intellectualism...
    so what do you guys think of the movie?

2. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

i thought it was a good movie and di caprio was amazing in it. is "intellectualism" a word?

3. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

just looked it up and it is!

4. CubanB

CubanB Member

I own this movie. I saw when it first came out on the movie channels years ago and was very disturbed by it, but only because I was younger and didn't understand much of it. Now on the other hand I find myself a great fan of the movie......man Di caprio's character went through a lot of tough shit during the film. Good movie

5. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

yeah i agree.... but i would have enjoyed some more meaning....i think leo plays the part wonderfully and it shows the peril of heroin addiction etc...but i wanted it to stir something greater... my expectations were too high becasuse i had waited too long to see it

6. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Its a great movie... I actually have a Jim Carol album.. pretty interesting as a musician... All the shit he went through in life is represented in his music... Leo did a really good job with that movie, he played it so well.