Basic Information about Visas/Entry

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Lying in a field, May 31, 2006.

1. Hi Everyone,
    I'm from Australia and i plan to travel to North America in 2007. So far, my plan is to fly to los angeles and work my way up the west coast, enter Canada via Washington state, move across Canada, then work my way back down in to the States and tour the East Coast, across Texas and down into mexico.

I'm going to be wwoofing and possibly even doing some cash work if possible and my total time spent in the Uinted States could well be over 6 months.

The US VISA program isn't generous and is very complicated so any advice would be helpful. I mainly need to answer the following questions:

- What are my chances of extending my visa past 6 months?
    - How long after I have left the United States am I able to return and how long for?
    - Is it possible to return to the US as long as my VISA is still valid?

Thanks, fieldy.

See you next year :)

2. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

if this is just to aquire money, I'd just find job along the way that pay under the table, with no paper work...

Mike...

3. Yeah, thats basically the plan, seeing as i haven't got a hells chance of receiving a working visa and i don't want to commit to a three month camp counseller stint.

I mostly don't want to have the hassle of worrying about staying in the country too long. I want to see everything, and if i like a place or some people, i'd want to stick around for a while. Six months to me is too much of a zip in and zip out rich tourist job.