Baseball Cards

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 12, 2006.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Anyone know anything about baseball cards?

I found a huge box full of baseball cards in my attic while getting things around for the yard sale this weekend. They were my ex's (an ex from four years ago). I have no way of contacting him...and frankly don't wish to. Is there a site somewhere that someone recommends to check prices?

I don't know what to do with them, but if some of them are worth money, I don't want to throw them out either!

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i'd take them to a few sports card places, or some place similar....get more than one opinion...

there are books that list the prices too, you might want to check into that.

i don't know about websites though....

3. dhs

dhs Senior Member

DON'T throw them out nor sell them at your yard sale.

As much as I'm a fan of the game, I've never been a collector. I do know that they can be worth a LOT of money. Check the Yellow Pages of the nearest Metro area for Baseball Card shops and set up an appointment to have them checked out. You might have a few diamonds in the rough that are worth several hundred dollars a card.

4. DancerAnnie

Yeah I didn't want to sell them at the yard sale, cuz I know sometimes they are worth a whole lot of money...

I noticed a Nolan Ryan Rookie Card in a plastic case...one of the few in a plastic case. I thought maybe that might be worth something.

5. dhs

dhs Senior Member

just did a quick google search and found a link for such a card on Ebay selling for five grand

yeah, a Nolan Ryan rookie card is worth major bucks in good condition

6. DancerAnnie

:eek:

7. fitzy21

haha, i was looking at pricing for that card too....yea, its worth a lot of money if its mint condition...

don't do anything with the cards until you get expert advice on pricing...seriously. if you are gonna sell, get experts on this, you dont' want to underprice anything.

if it were me though, i'd keep the cards...but thats me...

8. DancerAnnie

They aren't even mine LOL. I have no reason to keep them. I like baseball, but stopped collecting baseball cards when I was 12. Fitz, wanna buy them from me? LOL

9. fitzy21

haha, if i had the money, i would take a good look through before offering a price...but alas, i have no money - but do have a nice collection of my own.

10. DancerAnnie

*flashes back to fourth grade* Wanna come over after school and trade?

11. fitzy21

*flashes back to 2nd grade* i'll be over after swim practice

12. DancerAnnie

Hehe

13. fitzy21

i remember card trading...most basketball, cuz that was the style back when i was in middle school.

i got a kobe bryant card from the all-american game his senior year in high school...got a college allen iverson...got a bunch of mint larry bird cards...tons of mint hockey cards, baseball cards from the 60's, 70's, 80, and early 90's...banner signed by the 88-89 bruins team, a ball signed by the 93-94 celtics....