base? - IMPORTANT!

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by hailtothekingbaby, Jan 6, 2005.

1. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

What is meant with the phrase "all your base are belong to us" and what are its origins?

Thanks in advancing advance for your gorgeous answers! ^_^

2. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Copied tha history from this website:

http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/story.shtml

History of 'All Your Base'

1. Toaplan creates the Zero Wing video game.
    2. Toaplan releases a port for the Sega Genesis console with the addition of an intro scene, which is then translated into english (very poorly) and released in the United States.
    3. Toaplan goes out of business.
    4. Someone from a Zany Video Game Quotes website notices the poor translation, and highlights the game.
    5. Overclocked.org does a humorous voiceover of the Zero Wing intro in a fake Wayne Newton voice.
    6. Dozens of game-related messageboards begin to post quotes from the parody, and images altered to show the phrase.
    7. Most of the threads lose interest and die off quickly as the trend is pronounced dead countless times.
    8. The Flash movie/video is released with images from the threads and music taken from the origional game someone had added the phrase "all your base" to.
    9. AYB explosively expands to the general (non game messageboard-reading) public.
    10. The origional site for the video is shut down within hours due to excessive traffic, and moves to PlanetStarsiege.
    11. Lycos ponders how "All your Base" was transformed from obscurity to a top 50 search practically overnight.
    12. Mainstream media begin to notice the trend, and stories appear in Time Magazine, USA Today, Fox News, The Los Angeles Times, Tech TV, Wired, and many others.
    13. As the 'remix' used in the video goes from 58 hits a day to several thousand per day, mp3.com notices the track has been ripped directly from the video game and pulls the music off their site due to copyright violations. It is later returned unchanged.
    14. The trend continues to grow as it expands into nearly every corner of the web.
    15. Large websites like Angelfire and Hewlett Packard sneak "all your base" references into their designs.
    16. "All Your Base" is pronounced dead several times every day, yet it's 15 minutes of fame continue for some reason...

3. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

4. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

yeah i just found out about this like a month ago. it's kinda freaky i think...

5. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Spread the word! I still though the aybabtu comments in code or hsot descriptions at work :)

6. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Haha I remember seeing that years ago, then heard nothign more of it for a long time, until a couple of weeks ago I ran across it again... :rolleyes:

7. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

Theres a funny flash on like ebaums or somthing with a bunch of signs changed to say it.

8. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

somebody help my mind. did that appear in a chemical brothers song?

9. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

I've got the rom of the genesis game if anyone wants it.

Alex

10. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Thanks a lot everybody. :)

Now I still don't know what they meant with "base", though. Did they mean base (or broken plural "bases" because of the "are" after it) like in "home-base"? Or something else? Or is it a typo on itself?

Still leaves us plenty of room for philosophy... :)

11. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

It's a Sliced version of BASES. Yes. As in Military Bases. Like the man said. It was translated POORLY by one who's 1st language is NOT English.

12. soolee

soolee Member

Jonathan says you are all nerds.

13. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

So is Bill Gates. But Johnathon WISHES he was as Nerdy! And as RICH!

14. Sedge

Sedge Member

oh man, i knew these guys who would say the whole thing all the time, but I never knew what it was, thank you

15. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You have no chance to surrive-Make your time

16. Trotsky311

Trotsky311 Supporters HipForums Supporter

hell yes we are. better be nice to us.

[​IMG]

17. velvet

velvet Banned

Hm.. I hoped this was a thread about Base 13.. since I don't know anything about that and I was wondering what kind of counting system it is to make 6x9 42..

Ah well.. you live and learn. At any rate.. you live. :D

18. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

i like that comic lol

19. J-P

J-P Member

"someone set up us the bomb!"

20. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher