Barenaked Ladies.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino2, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't know why, but... for some reason, I just feel like listening to them now.

Steven... Page, yeah... that's his name. I've always liked his writing. I actually had no idea he was Jewish, till this Christmas when I saw them and they were promoting their holiday album.

I have a headache and I can't take this weather. :eek:

Sometimes I can't believe this is nearly ten years old, already. I remember buying Stunt (before even the days of Kazaa and all of the stuff going on today, back at the dawn of time, the year the Beetle was re-introduced with the new body design, in North America), the day it came out (not even knowing who they really were at the time), then it just stuck with me.

God, I miss those days so much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc87ASZbfXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJiF8deCWA

2. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

i remember when Stunt was the "cool album" to own, that and Bloodhound Gang. ahah

My dad actually had an album of their from way before that, back in the day of casettes (apparently).
    I like Yoko Ono. :)

3. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

Man, I remember listening to Gordon my entire childhood. In our old blue jetta. :D

The fact they have a Jewish guy in their band though, that just made them that much cooler to me. :D

4. Orsino2

Yeah... Steven Page doesn't look overly Jewish, I guess because of the glasses or something. I actually got new reading glasses today... well, they were old reading glasses. I found the frames for $5 at this flea market in Fredericksburg. They're silver... Victorian-period 1800s. Sorta like Jimmy Buffett's, only silver, with ivory nosepieces. They are theee shit. Anyway, I just had them fitted with new lenses. [​IMG] They're pretty rickety, but way better than my old ones and they're pretty unique.

[​IMG]

He's a pretty fun guy to see (Steven, BN frontman), though Jimmy is too, that doesn't really have to be said [​IMG]. They're a good live band, too, but it's the kind of music I can listen to on long stretches of road trips, by myself, or something.

[​IMG]

5. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

whenever i think of the barenaked ladies i think of my dad cause he freaking loved them back then, still does now too but yeah, they've always been kinda of "my fathers music" :D
    i heard if i had a million dollars playing when i picked a 24 on thursday..it fit the mood nicely :D

6. Orsino2

:D You have lottery in Canada?

Hot shit. I did not know of this.

7. MoonjavaSeed

you're so ignorant sometimes :D

8. Orsino2

:D Yeah, I guess the best of us are, in that sense.

It's not that I doubted your splendorous land, but lottery is illegal or, rather, dry, in some states...

That's like North Carolina. My grandma lived in Alamance County... around the piedmont area. She'd drive up to Danville, Virginia once every couple weeks and load up on lottery tickets.

:D But now we have Lotto South and the uh, other one... mega millions, used to be the big kicker (morphed into Mega Millions)... so now nobody has to drive 50 miles or whatever from North Carolina to here.

I used to laugh at The Big Kicker, becuase I always thought of someone losing or spending hundreds of dollars (I had a Fillipino barber that would go to 7-11 every week and spend half his paycheck on them and scratchers) on those things, and kicking themselves in the ass.

C'est la vie.

9. MoonjavaSeed

ahah. george. barber. :D