Barefoot relation to nudism

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Scarecrow13, May 28, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Don't want to be a party pooper but no I don't go for being nude unless playing with the ladies. Dislike / hate shoes because I can't feel the ground but nude and my stuff flopping around, no.

2. NudeMTB

NudeMTB Senior Member

Hmm not sure but I would probably say no. I prefer to be barefoot when nude outdoors but, most of the time, I have something minimal on (Vans or espadrilles) as walking on gravel trails and paths is just too painful barefoot. That being said, I don’t feel less naked with footwear on, or more naked without, so I would say there is not really relation between the two…….just my take on it :sunglasses:

3. Barefoot Larry

Barefoot Larry Members

I discovered nudism twenty or so years ago. Most of my nude time I wore shoes or sandals because my feet were tender. I tried the total nude experience from time to to time (barefoot) but always felt more comfortable with something on my feet, until this past summer when thanks to a doctor I started walking for my mental health and one day I took my shoes off and started walking barefoot in the soft cool grass.
    I was hooked. Now I am working on toughening my feet so I can walk anywhere. I am barefoot most of the day now.
    So I see nudism as a gateway to barefoot. Before I embraced barefoot walking I always felt like wearing shoes or sandals while otherwise nude was just not fully experiencing my nudity.

alxat1531 and Barefoot Scout like this.
  4. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

Indoor at home, I am usually nude and barefoot. Outside, I wear flip-flops, sandals, or shoes mainly for sanitary reasons or work/safety reasons.

alxat1531 and Barefoot Larry like this.
  5. Barefoot Larry

Barefoot Larry Members

I understand everyone has limitations on how and where they enjoy nudity and being barefoot. I have been reading and listening to videos on being barefoot from doctors and laypeople and if you carefully toughen your feet over time and keep them clean you shouldn’t have any problems. The important main thing is you are enjoying both your way.

alxat1531 and NudistTed like this.
  6. alxat1531

alxat1531 Members

I kinda got into nudism from barefooting. You'd think nudists would be a bit more open minded about trying barefooting, it is about being completely nude all over, after all!

Barefoot Larry likes this.
  7. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

I never felt seen or heard any connection to barefoot and nudism. Even pure nudist will often wear some simple sandals out of protection and comfort. I personally am a mix. I wear sandals if doing anything outside for a long time or over terrain I know will be tender. If watering or just hanging outside I am barefooted. Inside ALL shoes come off at my door trying to keep the inside clean. Occasionally a arm full of groceries gets in the way of doing this and I hate it!

Barefoot Larry and Timsk like this.
  8. Timsk

Timsk Members

I’m a full time nudist now and I don’t feel naked if I have to have footwear on.

9. Barefoot Andy

Barefoot Andy Members

If I'm naked, I want to be totally naked, and that includes bare feet.

10. BarefootBiGuy

BarefootBiGuy Members

I'm really not sure if there is a relationship between going barefoot and nudism....but there may well be so!

In my case I've loved the barefoot life since I was a kid (62 now) and also quite enjoyed being naked when I could be. It's only when a good mate introduced me to nude beaches about 20 years ago that it took on a bigger part in my life. We now spend a lot of time naked together either at the beach or at his place. I really love the feeling of freedom that comes with it.

One thing that does confuse me is seeing nudists with footware! Like other comments, if I am naked I want to be naked from head to toes! :)

bill697cu and Barefoot Larry like this.