Barefoot: Problems in stores non existant?

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Reptile347, May 12, 2004.

1. Reptile347

Reptile347 Member

Hi I read on here that some people get thrown out of stores for going Barefoot.

I live in California (50 miles from San Diego) and there are no signs in any of the stores other then drive in's. I have gone in all kinds of stores from Grocery to Target and never had any problems.
    Is everyone talking about stores like these or restaurants? I have never gone into a restaurant just b/c that is asking for trouble. Anywhere else is ok.

2. 18daydreamer

18daydreamer Member

i like in FL and places like Wal Mart n grocery stores u arent supposed to go in barefoot. they kicked me outa wal mart once 8\

3. Reptile347

Reptile347 Member

I think it may be just certain areas where it is not a probelm.

The newest local Wal Mart has no signs. The one I used to go to in another city used to have the sign so I never tried going in w/out shoes. Have had no problems with any grocery stores.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well, some employees consider themselves bigger authority figures then others. it all depends. some people might give 2 hoots and a holler, some people might throw a git.

if your worried about it, it usually isnt hard to hide them, because people usually arent paying attention anyway.

5. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i would have a much easier time going barefoot in stores if it weren't for my son loudly shouting "mommy's barefoot! should she be barefoot? are bare feet allowed in here?" every time we go into a store. i blame his grandfather who told him it's very wrong not to tell on people who are doing "anything different or wrong". ' cause you never know, i might be a terrorist plotting overthrow the local government with my exposed toes. i told my son grandpa grew up in a time when people thought they had to spy on their neighbors because they were afraid of communists, and we don't think like that any more, but it's not helping.

6. bud08

bud08 Member

I’ve gone barefoot places I never went in the past -I recently; attend Church- 'Barefoot in Church - y/n?', went to Loews - just the lawn and Garden outdoor section, ice skating rink (just going to take off your shoes when you get there anyway), I walked through a Mall (I was caring flip-flops) and into a Wal-Mart all barefoot.

• Getting tired of carrying shoes just to put them on before I go inside an establishment.
    Bud08

7. artisticphantom

artisticphantom Member

ya it's ike a story i read in school called the a+p. it was sum place near an ocean where the tourists liked to swim and the grocery was right on the beach. so people would come in barefoot and none would have a problem. but then the manager found out and kicked these girls out for wearing bikini s in the store. and the dude quit

8. artisticphantom

artisticphantom Member

must look into the overthrow by means of exposed toes. thanks for idea!

9. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

Yeah, we need to start the free toe revolution.

In the small farm/university town I used to live, I went into every store and every restaurant with no problem at all. Just welcome smiles, hello's, and hugs. Then I moved to Los Angeles and almost everyone is rude and prejudiced toward me and gets really freaked out and upset about my bare feet.

10. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Alot of places have signs. I just tell em I dont have shoes! I didnt wear shoes the whole way too and from the Roo, I never had anyone say anything to me! I did have some old lady at an Acoustic Planet Show tell me I needed to put shoes on...

11. bfrank

bfrank Member

I live in SoCal as well (perhaps even near you), and I agree with you - there are no signs and I never have any problems in any stores.

I almost never have any problems in restaurants either. As to whether you're "asking for trouble" or not, I'm not so sure. There is probably a much greater chance of a confrontation in a restaurant than a regular store, but I've been in many restaurants barefoot with no problem at all. I always think, "nothing ventured, nothing gained." So what's the worst that can happen? They just tell you you have to have shoes on to come in - so you either go somewhere else or you put on some flip-flops. No big deal. Don't be afraid to do it.

12. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Yea, thats what I say. Go in barefoot, most the time people working there wont even notice and if they do they wont say anything, but you need to have shoes on.

13. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I got kicked out of Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA because I was barefoot.

14. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

good thing i had my flipflops on yesterday when i went to the social security office.. the rent-a-cop there was kicking people out for drinking and talking on cellphones. my 3yr old was barefoot, eating and at one point tried to get naked :&

15. bfrank

bfrank Member

But how do you know he would have kicked you out if you were barefoot? You just never really know, and you should never assume there will be a problem. Logically, drinking drinks there can cause a mess and clean-up problems, and talking on cell phones is usually distracting and annoying to people around, but being barefoot hurts no one. So he may not have said anything about that - he didn't complain about your barefoot 3-year old, did he?

16. inzgary

inzgary Members

Well ya I live in CT I see signs on the doors of establishments that says HEALTH CODE FOOTWEAR REQUIRED or NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO SERVICE. I never went into an establishment in CT barefoot but I went into a diner barefoot in VT there were 2 cops talking to eachother in there for some reason they just glanced at my bare feet then continued talking. They didn't give me any problems.

17. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

There are NO Health Department regulations or laws prohibiting bare feet in eateries or stores. Challenge anyone who claims there are. Ask for the specific statute number.

18. heero134

heero134 Member

I've been going to stores barefoot for a while now. Fred Meyer has no problems at all, and some stores if I feel they'll harass me or anything, then I'll just put my sandals on the bottom rack of the cart so people think "ah well he's just relaxing his feet" or something~ I'm going to wal-mart later today, haven't been there in a while so I'll let you know how that goes~

19. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

It's a problem around where I live...
    But only in certain places.

For places I go into daily, they don't mind if I walk in there barefoot because they know me and they know they make a lot of money off of me :-D

But Wal*Mart doesn't allow it, and yeah, I never even ATTEMPTED to walk into a food store or restaurant barefoot.

I only WISH it weren't a problem... I carry a pair of sandals with me wherever I go just in case a certain store is anal like that.

20. april922

april922 Member

Food stores like 7-11 dont care, now some of the bigger chains might. I am barefoot at all fast food places, they dont seem to care either.