Barefoot Philosophy

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Libertine, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

When asked by a fellow inmate why he walked barefoot in the prison yard and risked getting infectious diseases from people littering and spitting everywhere, Timothy Leary responded that when he was barefoot he felt more aware, and was more aware of where he stepped. Perhaps, Leary said, the other prisoners should stop littering and spitting in the yard and join him in walking barefoot.

Although, admittedly, I am a sandal man (and even full shoes, especially in the cities), I enjoy walking barefoot in soft grass in the summer and around the homefront.

Kudos to the barefooters of the world!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  2. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Thanks for the story man! Cool!

3. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

I love good stories with good messages.

Especially about ol' Timothy.

4. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i agree with timothy completely on that one

5. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

mm, that's sweet. it's totally true, too.

6. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

I cant believe how many of you folks from the YH forum are barefooters! that is really awesome. I hate shoes ... I only wear them to work ... even then I wear a 'clog' so I can slip them off when nobody is looking. :p

7. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

heh, nice. i'm loving this warm weather. it makes it much easier to be barefoot outside. i'm getting reaally tired of my boots. i went for a hike the other day with them on--huuge mistake. i took them off at the top, though. and the view was completely worth it.
    but i'll know for next time. :)

8. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

so, update! i haven't worn my boots for...4 days now! and i'm planning on keeping them off for much longer. i haven't even worn shoes for most of this weekend, except for going out to dinner last night. (my mother made me..she said i wouldn't be allowed in, and i didn't know if it was true or not.) but i wore those little garden shoes, 'crocs' i think i've heard them been called. but anyways...no shoes!! :D

BarefootedBoy likes this.