barefoot-ing it...

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by chickabean, May 11, 2004.

1. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

yay for summera dn the bareness of feet! doesnt it bring sunshine to your soul?! although apparently in the eyes of our fellow londoners barefoot-ing it is disgusting...hahahaha! me and jaz are making the most of the sunshiny days to free our feet from any entrapments ;) howevere the comments we got the other day in west croydon wernt that great. made me laugh tho, a couple of older teenage girls said something about us being disgusting and telling us to go and buy sum shoes or something like that, yet they were walking along the road sucking on dummies (apparently this is a latest craze??!!) bizarre..
    but yeh, i must say going barefoot in west croydon hasnt been my favourite expeirence so far, enede up with black sticky feet and glass shards in my toe :( but well worth it for the feeling of Lloyd Park grass betwixed mine tootsies...ahhh....long live summer...and erm, feet...

love liberated luchi xxxxxxx

2. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

I love going barefoot. Not so keen on it in cities though, after a couple of close encounters with dog turds, vomit and glass..... but in the country or even small towns, you can't beat it.

3. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

hmmm...your observation of cities is very accurate, i find myself on constant dog poo alert when barefoot! yuk.
    i have recently discovered that it is also not acceptable in some peoples eyes to go barefoot inside buildings, i find this very strange...do you think its rude/disgusting? apparently tesco have a policy against it, or maybe it was just the perference of the secutiry guard on that particular day, but what i dont understand is how the bottom of your feet could be less hygenic that the soles of your shoes!!! surely you step in more yukiness with your shoes that your feet?! can someone please care to explain this way of thinking...

love luchi, befuddled and ostrich-sized xxxx

4. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

double post ...sorry

5. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

im going barefoot but in my sandles, it works better as then i can go barefoot where its safe and 'permitted' and the rest of the time my feet are in sandles and not horrible socks and shoes.:eek:

played a gig last night and all my band were barefoot on stage, twas wonderful!:D
    as for the permitting thing, i think its cos if your feet get damaged by broken glass or something inside a shop/school then you could sue them and they don't want that so make you wear shoes. my old secondary school told me off all the time for wandering around with no shoes....oh well...
    namaste and enjoy!
    x x x

6. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

sand lanes...what a fantastic idea! :)

7. DoktorAtomik

I think the dogs would agree!

8. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

hahahah! yuk! yehhh...didnt think of that. sand lanes rapidly becoming poo lanes :D

9. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

*sigh* yea i member barefooting. i havmnt dont it again this year, but the last 2 summers i have.
    My best bare foot experiance?? .... well... sitting in the radio broadcasting room, live on air all across croydon doing the rock and punk shows with the dude of the times, and declaring that it was "bare foot day in the studio here and therefore we say "take yer shoes off!"" ... i loved doing the radio show.. man i miss them days :) summer at BRIT is actually quite good, dispite all the 2 faced people
    One thing i always remember about barefootness is stubbing your big toe :( ouchy.
    Also watching Jaz run around madly with me in croydon cringing as i hoped sooo much he wouldnt step in any glass.... caused me many days of worrying that did :S

10. tulip

tulip Member

I wouldn't even dream of going barefoot right now... not the wisest thing to do in Boro, actually practically impossible... Oh I want to go back home!

~lovetulip.

11. JOsie

JOsie Member

i went barefoot a lot last summer(mainly in london)...i got kicked out of some shop in waterloo train station...walked through richmond barefoot too...which was strange...and then in doncaster too...i daren't do it round here tho...it's much easier if you don't draw attention to yourself...ah well...hopefully i'll end up in london again at some point:p...or at beautiful days...as long as they've got rid of that field full of thistles...

12. DoktorAtomik

I've never really understood what the problem is that straight people seem to have with bare feet. I've got such funny looks from some people that I've had to have a quick look just to check my foot's not sprouted a nipple or something while my attention's been elsewhere!

13. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I live opposite a big field with a wood behind it. A lot of the local dog owners walk their dogs there.

Unfortunately they let there dogs poo all over it without cleaning it up, which is not fair as the local kids love to use the field for playing football etc on in good weather!

The other bad thing is that sometimes they let their dogs poo in the communal gardens outside our flats:(

No Fair!

I can't even go bare foot in my own garden:(

When I get a dog (when i eventually get my cottage in the country *fingers crossed*) I shall be kind and dispose of of doggy poo with help of a trusty pooper scooper and bags:p

Love Clairexxx

14. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

I do sometimes...my feet are pretty yukky though (looooooong story). It depends how they are and where it is (and how much they stink :p)

15. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

well come down and stay with me again at some point in the summer :)

16. Sionnach

Sionnach Member

B.footing is fun! I used to love it in the summer when you could walk on the mossy ground and feel the soft grass between your toes. Even more fun was when it was summer rain and the mud feels really funny whe it gets between your toes. *squigey*

17. stardust

stardust Banned

i spent some time in thailand on a deserted island with no roads, no tarmac to break glass bottles on and one dog that got cleared up after the whole time. it was like barefooters paradise! i didnt wear shoes for six weeks. unfortunately i had a little run-in with a bush one night. the island had no electricity so you had to find your way about carefully after dark. one night i wasnt being so careful and this bush jumped out of nowhere and broke three of my toes. ouch!!

peace and love
    stardust
    xxx

18. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

i do enjoy it, except living in a student hall i wouldnt recomend it all the time...its gets a little dirty

19. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

joel jowl jowl... thats the point dirty feet = sexy feet and sunny would agree with me on this point... hehe... ;ast year my feet were so used to walking about bare foot that they had hard skin on the souls and i stood on a bit of glass it wedged in but didn't cut... having said that after that happened i wore my shoes at night.... but i love walking about bare foot.. its fuun, feels great under your toes... even if you stand in sludgy mud, or through grass oron the sun wamred pavemnet... its wonderful!

20. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

even manky food that someones not cleaned up, or milk spilage?