barefoot friendly colleges

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by timhoent, Jul 11, 2006.

1. timhoent

timhoent Member

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew of any barfoot friendly colleges and universities. I know at some there is no dress code and you are technically allowed to go barefoot, but do you know of any where you actually will see students walking around barefoot to class and everything?

2. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

hmmm... most universities I know really wouldn't prohibit being barefoot the way a grade school was... I had friends that went barefoot to class on occasion. I did once or twice and it wasn't a huge deal.

I don't think yer gonna find exactly what you're looking for. Best bet is to find a college in a warm climate and then seek out the circle of friends that barefoot a lot. Other than that, close your ears and do what ye please.

3. kwiley

kwiley Member

Although I was already finished with college I did know a couple of barefooters at the University of Denver who told me they had no problems enjoying the lifestyle on campus. I've found that once you are comfortable with it you will run into only minor roadblocks. Good luck though, I wish I had gained the courage to start then.

4. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

It was years ago,when I attended college. However, there are no dress codes at public universities in Louisiana. I attended LSU in Baton Rouge and UNO in New Orleans and did not encounter any problems attending class barefoot. I say go for it!:)

5. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

I believe its only private schools where theres dress codes... but i could be wrong.

I went to a JC last year in a hippie-filled town. I was the only barefooter there that I saw. I'd get lots of the same comments I get anywhere else. Teachers never cared though. They just care that you come to class.

6. baregirl

baregirl Member

Going barefoot is a tradition at Caltech.

7. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

At IUK I go barefoot without any problems. Tonight, geology class was at a park and I bf'ed it there!

peace and love

8. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Even in Chem. lab?