Barefoot Biking

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Scirocco09, May 8, 2020.

1. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Anyone on here like to bike barefoot? It feels amazing with a warm wind between your toes and on your soles, always have more energy this way. Never seen anyone else doing it though

bill697cu and jagerhans like this.
  2. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

I always ride barefoot, and I have a kick started 600 cc yamaha XT. Once I spotted a biker on some custom honda but he was just cruising around in the sea village. Sometimes I took a longer trip and once I went to a festival where all of a sudden an immense downpour turned the entire place in a muddy mess, it was pouring down by the bucketfuls, and my already good for nothing tent was flooded and squashed by the rain. We decided to return home at night , I had some trouble kickstarting the bike with muddy feet and my front light went dim too and it was like 50 km of dark narrow country roads. So thanks to my friend's front light back home we reverted, also being drenched to the bone. The people at the festival also were pretty miserable, because water and mud had flooded the sheds where people was dining, and the entire premises to be honest. The last time i wore boots on the bike was when i took the highway for a longer trip, but that occurred at least 8 years ago.

3. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Sounds great, ultimate freedom riding a motorbike barefoot. Even if that sounded a tricky ride home

4. Damn, doing just about anything barefoot is a real pleasure. Just went to a local ATM--I WANTED to go because going barefoot on that warm blacktop felt SOOOOOO good.

5. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Not onto motorcycling, and certainly wouldn't do it barefoot if I were. In fact it would be illegal. Pedal cycling though....oh yessss!

6. j17435

j17435 Member

I'd like to, but prefer to be clipped in on my road bike (bicycle).
    I also hit speeds of 30+ MPH on my daily commute to work (some steep hills).
    I wear cycling sandals which allow good airflow, but would still provide some protection in the event of a crash.
    I use to ride motorcycles but would never do so barefoot.
    I'd hate to destroy my feet in a high speed crash.
    Off road at low speed on soft dirt, it might be fun and relatively low risk.

7. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Personally I’m talking mountain bike but motorbike must be great too. I do wonder what the lycra brigade must think when I overtake them, proving you don’t need gear to make you quick. As everything feels more invigorating in bare feet it somehow allows you to go further and faster

8. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

I have been stopped multiple time by italian oinkers and they never caused me any trouble because i was barefoot, but they were at times amused to find someone in helmet, leather jacket . leather gloves and bare feet mounting a dirtbike with toothed steel footrests. they all were surprisingly cool with that. it is not illegal to ride a motorcycle while barefoot in italy. and anyway, everyone is already doing that in plastic flip flops which don't give much protection anyway. a dude i knew also used to ride bare chested and he lost a nipple on the asphalt ! haha! it was quite the show, a uni-nippled guy. once i slipped over gravel and managed to keep my ride up by sweeping the road with a bare foot. it was painful and i expected the worst but after close inspection my foot was scratchless . Another time, i was at home and moving the bike by hand and because i was in a narrow spot i messed up and was just about to have my bike fall, and me over it. I applied all the force i had on my toes to avoid that and managed to keep it upright but my big toe bended and was dragged over the convrete-gravle pavement, which resulted in a perfectly skinned big toe, it took quite some ime to regrow he lost skin. so i hurt myself worse while being still than speeding...

9. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I think it would depend on the pedals. Some would be incredibly uncomfortable.

10. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Truly for sure. I use standard trecking/urban pedals, also at my mountain bike. Works fine for me.

11. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Try something like this...

[​IMG]

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  12. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

I have these ones ...

[​IMG]

but tend to try out these ones or similars ..

[​IMG]

does anyone have experiences with this type?

13. hippyphile

hippyphile Member

In the U.S., to my knowledge, motorcycling barefoot is an offense only in Mississippi.

14. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

A motorbike is fine but I don't think I'd ever go barefooting on a bicycle, too many moving parts. I remember my brother having a messy accident like that when I was way younger.

15. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I use to ride my bike barefoot all the time. Currently need to get new bike and will continue my barefoot rides. Also have rode bicycle nude a few time.