Barefoot at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by New England barefooter, Jul 30, 2019.

1. New England barefooter

New England barefooter Members

went to HD barefoot yesterday and the lady at the register said do you know your barefoot. I said I decided to wear my comfortable shoes she went on to tell me how she hates shoes and as soon as she gets off work the shoes come off. Then I went To CVS and the young gold behind the register said your barefoot how awesome

Running Horse, BarefootedBoy and RT19 like this.
  2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Another exciting day in the life of a barefooter.

BarefootedBoy and Irminsul like this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't see how you could respond any other way than to look at your feet and say "oh my god, what happened to my shoes!?"

4. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

I went into the Home Depot in my area barefoot. Walked around the store and picked up a few things. Passed numerous employees who I saw looking at my feet and all they did was smile and some said how cool it was to be barefoot. Went to the cashier to pay and was told by her as I was walking away,that the next time I had to have something on my feet to be in there. WTF!

5. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

There's often a petty tyrant who don't know shit, but acts like they do.

AstroShark likes this.
  6. What, are we going to extend extra courtesies to everyone but the barefooters? It's good to see you guys standing up for yourselves. It doesn't bother me if you go barefoot. I just hope I don't step on your toes with these hard shoes! Oh dear, that would be dreadful!

I hope you sense my sarcasm. There will never be a place in our society for those of bare feet! NEVER! We will not accommodate them in our places of business, and we will not associate with them when they are not wearing shoes! We will force them all into concentration camps, and we will eliminate the problem.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well at least in the two home depots I go to one in Watertown, MA and the other in West Roxbury, MA
    they keep the Aisles exceptionally clean-swept .

Although i'd never go barefoot, I can see where someone else might

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They aren't concentration camps!

9. retiredandbarefoot

retiredandbarefoot Members

I shopped barefoot once at a HD were I used to live (Chicago metro area). The cashier noticed that I was barefoot and said that it was against store policy. I checked later and found that there actually is a "shoes required" sign (or similar) at the entrance not unlike the type found at McD. No HD's near where I live now but Lowe's, Menard's and (we have) Sutherland's have never said a thing. Being in central Missouri I don't think the people here care much, though I do get the normal curious looks.

10. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

No, I would think central Missouri would be much more tolerant than the Chicago area. BTW, I too am retired and barefoot. Now, with no job to go to, my shoes are gathering a lot of dust! (Although I usually didn't wear shoes at work, anyway.)

11. j17435

j17435 Member

I haven't tried HD yet, but there is no sign at the store I frequent. Lowe's was no problem but I rarely go there. I suspect out of all the stores I routinely visit, HD would be most likely to have an issue.

Edit: I made a quick trip to HD for one item and decided to leave my flip flops in the car. It was in the evening, so the store wasn't busy and I was only inside for maybe 5 minutes, but no one said anything. I did pay pretty close attention to the floor. I mean they do sell a lot of items that could be bad to step on.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    BarefootedBoy likes this.
  12. barefoot jersey dude

barefoot jersey dude Members

barefooted many stores for years but always figured that home depot and lowes were the forbidden fruit for barefooters. finally got the nerve to enter my local home depot barefoot about 2 years ago and was shocked that the world as we know it did not end ! no problem at all ! that same day went to another home depot to test the waters. same day went to lowes and was pleasantly surprised that there was no problem there either ! home depot and lowes are probably the most dangerous big box stores going to our kind ! many physical hazards ! now only go barefoot to both stores. my personal only complaint with any major retail chain is the dreaded whole foods . have had major issues with whole foods literally from coast to coast !!!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  13. retiredandbarefoot

retiredandbarefoot Members

Retired is GREAT isn't it? I donated most of my shoes somewhere and don't miss them.

mmicmann likes this.
  14. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Probley just some control freak who thinks there a manager. I tend to get a little confrontational when these people approach me.

15. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Yes, I guess I need to donate my shoes, too. I never wear them. It does get cold here in winter. But then I usually wear boots. Ugh. Hate 'em.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well that's blasphemy. That sheep died to keep your feet warm and comfortable... and you hate him for it. :(

17. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Definitely! The whole time that I stood in line waiting to get checked out she never said a word. And it’s not like my feet were hidden below the counter, there wasn’t any counter until you got right to the register. I did glance back at her and gave a look that pretty much said I don’t care.