Barefoot Adventures

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by cantgobarefootenough, Jun 4, 2006.

1. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

Hi Everyone!

I am thrilled that June has finally arrived and with it some beautiful humid weather :sunglasse However, I must say I'm suprised that I haven't read more posts about readers various barefoot experiences so far.

I've already contracted poison ivy on the tops of my feet, courtesy of mowing the lawn barefoot. It might be in my best interest to wear sneakers the next time I tackle the lawn. Don't worry, I'd scrap them as soon as the task at hand was over.

I was out on the town the other night and while I was strolling barefoot to the train station, I spotted this attractive woman enjoying a smoke in front of a bar. My curiosity got the best of me after she returned inside. Needless to say, I decided to go into the premesis and take a look around. It didn't take long before I observed her sitting at a table with her date unshod and footwear nowhere in sight. Hopefully, I'll see her again while the summer is still young. :rolleyes:

2. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Well, if you like humid weather. WARM will do it nicely for me, and the humidity can stay south of here! Anyway, sad to say, I've not seen one single barefooter, other than me. Sad. I know I will see a few more once true summer comes. But I'm still definitely on my own for now.

3. Rugged_Soles

Rugged_Soles Member

I've been hiking, traveling and hanging out BF. It's great to experience the change of seasons and the terrain as it adapts to all the weather factors.

4. cantgobarefootenough

What a difference a week makes. Last week when I saw that beautiful woman enjoying a smoke in front of the bar, the temperature was more then 70 degrees fahrenheit. This week the temps have been more than 20 degrees cooler :( Needless to say, I didn't let that stop me from marching to the train barefoot the other night. Unfortunately, the pavement was clean from all the wet weather we've had here lately, so my soles didn't show the slightest sign of dirt or grime :& Here's hoping that perhaps next week we can return to normal June weather.

5. cantgobarefootenough

I would like to thank the two hundred and something readers who read this thread. My question to all of you is...Why aren't you responding to my thread :& I would love to hear your thoughts/opinions :)

6. cantgobarefootenough

The rain has finally subsided and the sun is shining brigtly again. I've taken full advantage of the beautiful weather and made several trips into the city this week alone. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any other barefooters :& The weather could get as high as 90 degrees by Sunday with a little bit of luck. Perhaps my luck will change.

Is anyone else out there fighting a losing battle to Poisin Ivy? I've had it for more then three weeks now and it doesn't seem to want to go away any time soon. :confused:

7. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I have just the opposite, it FINALLY rained here and the temps plunged into the upper 80's. LOL the rain felt great. It's funny how many people will stand under an awning and wait for the rain to stop or walk a hundred feet to avoid a large pool of water. being barefoot, I just went right through it. two other people remove their shoes and socks and followed me.

8. cantgobarefootenough

I took a trip into the city on Wednesday evening. Yours truly was blessed with spotting two women strolling around the city barefoot. The weather was nice and humid that evening, so their soles were much like mine, nice and black. I've found that walking on the outer edge of the sidewalk leaves my soles jet black. :sunglasse Has anyone else found a formula for getting their soles the same color?

9. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

walking in dirt? heh...i don't exactly try to get my feet black, but it does happen.

i'm happy to say that all of my friends have recently started going barefoot! we didn't even really talk about it, but we all started around the same time -- when summer came along. :) i think it's pretty sweet.

10. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

>Has anyone else found a formula for getting their soles the same color?

Barefooting on hot, humid days in parking lots, store floors, city streets, concrete concert halls gets your feet filthy black! Dead concerts were the best places to get totally black feet and meet so many others with same.

11. cantgobarefootenough

I was strolling down a city sidewalk on Thursday evening when another pedestrian who observed me walking barefoot, intentionally bumped into his friend, so I might have the misfortune of having my foot stepped on. :( Needless to say, he didn't succeed in his mission! :) Have any of you had this type of experience happen to you? That clown brought new meaning to the word idiot.

12. kwiley

kwiley Member

Last night I had 2 guys yell at me for being barefoot and I live in San Diego. The funny thing was a girl who may have or may not been out there with them said she thought it was cool. I wanted to go back and talk with her but didn't want to face the jerks who were yelling at me. One day it won't matter.

13. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

The worst public incident (not counting store control freaks, just out in public) was a 60 something woman in the national park where I work. She saw me tending plantings on a large brick patio garden and said, "OMG, you should be in shoes---" She actually looked stricken. Now, mind you, I don't expect to be a turn-on to anyone, but neither do I think I'm ever a turn-off (except, again, to those goddam store control freaks.) This person was exceptional. She'd lapsed into a deep frown of anguish/disgust I've never seen on anyone else, before or since. My mean streak kicked in, but all I said was something like, " Really, bf would be good for you, so your feet wouldn't be giving you the trouble they do, or be the malodorous things they are." It was a guess, but apparently close enough.

Again, I never want ANY of this confrontation. I hate it. Live and let live is SO much better. Sometimes I'm ready with a rejoinder, sometimes not. This was the worst public incident. Control freaks in stores are MUCH worse. But that's another story.

14. cantgobarefootenough

The summer here on the east coast is slowly but surely coming to an end. I feel blessed that I had the oppurtunity to march around barefoot for the better part of it :sunglasse Unfortunately, I didn't see as many barefooters as other summers. Fortunately, I'm at the stage of my life were I'm quite comfortable being barefoot and it really doesn't bother me if the other people around me choose to be shod all the time. That's their loss :& I'm also greatful that I made it through the summer without any injuries courtesy of broken glass or what have you. My knees are a little sore but that has something to do with jumping rope on some of the most unforgiving pavement. I also managed to lose ten pounds this summer, so all in all I think it wasn't so bad after all.