"BARE FOOT THE LONGEST" AWARD

Discussion in 'Hip Awards' started by billisgod420, Jan 7, 2005.

1. billisgod420

billisgod420 Member

how long has it been since the last time you wore shoes??????
    yes includes sandles, im talkin bare feet here!!
    i instantly lose cause i had to where shoes today (damn work dress codes!!)
    but im interested to see who has been goin bare foot the longest!!

and if that doesnt work then what was the longest amount of time you ever went bare foot??

oooh thats right im gettin fancy with two different types of bare feet awards!!

2. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i live in australia...no one gives a fuck if you wear shoes or not in your leisure time...it's not a "hippy thing"

3. jay

jay Member

3 Mos of solid barefootery but that stopped with winter where now i have sandles

4. imaflake

imaflake Member

I went bare foot for two months one summer but I grew up on a farm so that was normal. My mother finally made me put on shoes because I kept walking on the fresh mopped floors and leaving grubby footprints.

5. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

this got nothing to do with this thread but back in the 70s and 80s and jesus 90s i think they are still open in a large mall here a store call bare foot mailman it had all kinds of odd stuff ,lava lamps, black lights, posters for black lights, westland mall in hialeah florida. is not easy to find a small store open 30+ years.

6. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

I once went barefoot for 2 and a half years....But I started when I was 3 years old...My mom let me decide if I wanted to wear shoes or not, and I preferred being barefoot...I had to wear shoes when I started school though :(

holly

7. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Had to wear flipflops on really cold days two or three times in November 2003 (not all day, just while commuting to/from work), I managed without when we started construction in early spring 2004 even though there were a few nasty days then... Hm, there was one snowy day I gave a 2-hr guided tour and wore leather flops too, that may have been December 2003 or maybe even January 2004, I can't remember exactly. Haven't worn any this winter at all, so after that tour whenever it was precisely.

Hope I can keep it up, we just have the first snowy days of winter behind us but February is, on average, almost as cold as December & January and I have lots of things planned that will take me outside & can't easily be rescheduled.

I've gone one other winter 100% barefoot, I'd have to look up which year it was. I think 98-99? So that was a longer stretch, from sometime in spring 98 until November 99. Most other winters I have to resort to flipflops or something maybe a handful of times, it doesn't get cold here that often but we usually have some sub-zero days... sometimes I can avoid the worst days 'cause with my season job I only work parttime in winter but sometimes I still have to go out. Riding my bicycle is usually the coldest, my feet catch a lot of wind then (hands too -I hate cold fingers while riding a bike in winter!)