Baddass Guitarist Award!

Discussion in 'Hip Awards' started by bradofcentralpa, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

Orsino2, this one's for you. you make me feel like quitting guitar. .......kidding
    peace

2. Deep Fried

Deep Fried I Fight What U Fear!

I'm sure I'm not the best, but if anyone would like to do some work I have several songs that I would like to get an "Eband" together on and do some recording. I will lay the melody down with either guitar or piano, but would like others to create their own parts; lead, bass, drums, strings...etc.

Always thought it would be cool to come up with a few tracs with people who have never played together, with a variety of styles to see what sound we could come up with.

3. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A tad bit shocked, myself. :p but I suppose I'll second this. I'll also nominate Blake (Alice D Millionaire)...

4. Orsino2

I've done that before... google cyberjams/cyberjamming. There should be several sites. I started over on Harmony Central and managed to work my way around the internet getting other musicians into my hat... I usually don't talk to them much once things are done, but that's actually a pretty cool idea... ebands. Online jam sessions could be interesting... I've been playing with doing Scott-Hendersonized-tremolo riffs and mixing it with electronica this week on Cool Edit Pro 2.0... I need to get the full version and stop bumming off of other people for equipment or trying to have people invite me to their studios. :p

5. Orsino2

I have to say, for a non-forumer, I'll submit Albert King.

6. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

i call it the badass guitarist award because "best" would be impossible...declare yourself a badass and wear the imaginary medal with pride! also, anyone with a yahoo account can use "my briefcase" and it gives 30mb of space and you can share folders with other people. it'd be easy to run an "eband" from there.

7. Orsino2

8. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

9. rg420

rg420 Member

I throw down a mean air guitar set. :)

10. Orsino2

Hmm... send me a recording of this. :D

11. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

12. Orsino2

aww... another for me. :p

13. intercityvisionary

intercityvisionary Member

Ok....this is the way I see it... of course "Hendrix"
    Stev Vai...Joco Pastaurius(sp)...Carlos Santana...Doug Winbush... the artist formally known as "Prince" really...
    Earney Isley...
    Ain't nuthin' like a good guitar riff to lift my skirt...:p

14. Orsino2

I'm not too big on Hendrix... he was good, but there's a lot of artists that are or were undiscovered who are just as good or better. :p Santana is great, but I think he needs to play more guitar. :p

15. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I dont know if im the best but I will be a guitarist one day.. Or something with music even if its just a guitar teacher.. I hate all whose better at it.. SHit just play.> VERB ITS WHAT YOU DO LOL.. you dont have to be a pro.. be urself

peace
    chickens

16. Orsino2

I do play... :D I've only played for... what.. three years or so... I spend about eight hours a day playing around recording and looping things, adding backing tracks... I love it. Sometimes I wish I were a DJ. :D

17. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

Well i dont want to be...i dont the word...vain? But i would like to nominate myself.

Now i dont have the most knowledge on certain types of guitars, or know which brand of guitar suits me best, but playing guitar is my life.

I have been playing for six years now, and i usually play an average of 4 hours a day, some days i dont play that often, but then some days i spend like 8 hours playing. I bring my guitar to school so i can play in my music theory class, at lunch, at break, in class, any time i get. I have grown a strong reputation in and out of school...so that has to be good.

i dont know if im more "badass" at guitar then george, or anyone else on this forum, or not, but as long as we are all playing and having a good time expressing ourself through music, thats all that matters.:)

18. Orsino2

Right you are... :D not only does the education system here not efficiently at all, they can kiss my ass as they're not getting $6000 a year from me to just sign a compulsary attendance form. I took up homeschooling because of that and I get to play guitar more and do less busy work... it's quite to the point, and I have a lot of time on my hands. I just need to get a job. I did have a business for a bit... but yeah, one reason I went to homeschooling (one of three main ones) is that I'd have more time to play guitar and record on the computer...

19. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

Me ha ha...one day I will.

The second comming of KirkHammett/ZakkWylde/JimmyPage in one body...Les Pauls 4eva...

20. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i'm the best guitarist... that has never played guitar...

so there, i beat all of you. :D