Back Yard Barn Yard , class overview

Discussion in 'Barnyard Basics' started by dilligaf, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

Hi there everyone,
    I am going to be the team leader on the backyard barnyard class here at the free school. I am going to take us on an adventure into the basics of raising animals on a homestead. When we think of farms and animals, most often our mind takes us to a sprawling country side with rolling hills, barns, fields n fences. An inner city courtyard or a suburban subdivision is definitely not what comes into our head.However our homestead can be almost anywhereas we will learn through the course of the class.

Through this class, we will walk through many different backyard barnyards.Some of which will be the ordinary animals we tend to consider barn yard type animals and some perhaps we have never imagined farming. Some require space, time and money and some are almost zero investment,no time and no space type things. Hopefully during this course we can find a barnyard for all of us involved no matter how big or small our individual homestead is.

We will spend some time going through what types of farming we all would like to be involved in or are involved in. We can look into how to go from homestead to second income producing aspects of animals,. Some parts of this will be geared more for vegetarian types that grow for product as well as those that grow for meat purposes.

*** So as not to offend people by this i will make anything on meat production known in any thread topic. We are not here to have issues over meat n vegetarian type things, this is solely to further our knowledge on raising homestead animals....***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.