Back home with a bone

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by lunarverse, May 28, 2009.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I recently moved back home. Or to better put it I moved back in with my mom. When I was living on my own I was ALWAYS nude in my apartment. I have always felt comfortable nude. Well I would like to walk around nude at my new home, which also happens to be my mothers, but she has not seen me nude since i was like six or seven. I am now 20. This could be extremely awkward if I just started walking around nude. She does not know about my nudism at my own place. How should I go about introducing the subject in a very delicate way? We were never the family who were nude around each other when I was growing up so this is very new and is a very sensitive subject. Please help. I really don't want this to be weird or awkward. Peace and Love :)

2. MissBHave

MissBHave insert clever phrase here

i think you're most likely going to have to put your bone away for a while lol

3. BlazingDervish

BlazingDervish Banned

get yourself some nice robes. or really loose, light clothing like middle eastern men's style. Enough room to let everything be swinging but not gonna weird out your mum or anyone else that might surprise visit.

How long will you be living back at home? I think that's gonna factor into how whether you need to broach the topic all.

4. SatanHam

SatanHam Member

tell her u prefer being nude.
    she will understand shes ur mum.
    :D

5. nldn

nldn Senior Member

You may just have to live a clothed lifestyle until you have your own home again.

6. SatanHam

SatanHam Member

nudists will not surrender.
    :mad:

7. nldn

nldn Senior Member

It's not a surrender just a temporary truce or regrouping. When in your parents house you should usually accept their rules.

8. SatanHam

SatanHam Member

true.
    but he needs to confront her about his feelings about nudism.

9. lunarverse

hey hey hey, this thread is about my nudity around the house, lets not get off topic. :)

10. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I still think you may wish to remain clothed in your mums house. I think she might react badly if you told her.

Eric! likes this.
  11. lunarverse

yea probably huh....I'm trying to find kimono's but their hard to find in Ottawa....I think I'll have to go the ebay route.

12. knight2

knight2 Member

i'd say wait til u have alone times, then let it swing in the breeze, but probly too odd around her, man? save ur bone for the bathroom or bed maybe?

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If you get a boner when she is around, just go poke it in the nearest power point, that will hide it

14. jac045

jac045 Member

15. nakedman55

nakedman55 Member

your mother may not be too shocked if you let her accidently catch you going to the bathroom or laundry, or even the kitchen at a time you could reasonably " believe " she would not see you. If she is upset, quickly tell her you thought you were alone and act embarrassed, and it won,t be a big deal, or maybe she will be cool with it from the start, and lay some ground rules if any.

16. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

I have been a nudist since I was 20. Like you I too moved in with my mother. However, before moving in with her, I did talk to her about my nudism. To my surprise, she didn't see anything wrong with me wanting to continue being nude at home. She agreed to give it a try as long as I agreed to her rules regarding nudity at home. They were common sense rules i.e., no answering the door naked, no nudity at home if we had company etc. etc. I'm now 28 and am still living at home with mom. I am usually always nude at home. I see no reason why I should move out, as living here has worked out well for both mom and myself. For those of you with SEX on the brain...... My living situation is NON SEXUAL. My advice to you, Lunaverse, is; Talk to your mother about your desire to continue living the nudist lifestyle. Do not argue with her, but be straight forward with a plain and simple explanation of why you want to live in the nude. Listen to her concerns regarding your nudity. If she does not agree that its OK for you to live nude in her house, then start looking for a new place to live or else give up nudity as long as you are living with her.

Russ Sawyer likes this.
  17. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Mum didn't mind seeing me nude, at least it saved her a lot of money not buying PJs, fancy bathers etc (though I do have them for when I visit textile beaches occasionally to see how the other, non-believers do it...). I think a lot depends on how receptive one's parent(s) are and their own upbringing definitely informs their judgement. You'd need to discuss it with her fairly carefully and be prepared for an outcome that could go either way. My gut feeling is that I think the best way though is for you to live independently — it's my long, long experience that I would never sacrifice a nude lifestyle by moving in with somebody who was not, or would potentially not be, comfortable with full-time nudity. That includes my parents (though Mum has never said a word in anger or angst about me sauntering about in my birthday suit).

18. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

wow, you exhumed a thread from 2009. Did you realize that Lunaverse was last online here in 2014? So your advice may run into empty ...

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

oh, that's what fakes do lol. they search a search engine for whacky shit and bam, hipforums appears.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Seriously, what is wrong with you?