Babys 911 call leads to 500 plants

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by bigmannn, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bigmannn

bigmannn Member

This is why I won't have children -

"Canada (ChattahBox) – A Canadian man has been arrested for marijuana production and possession, after his 11 month old child accidentally dialed 911.

The call came in from B.C., and after the person on the line hung up without speaking, police were sent to investigate. Knocks on the door brought no response, and so the officers let themselves in, startling the man who had not known they were in his home.

“The gentleman was quite surprised,” Constable Janelle Canning told reporters.

The man insisted he had not made the call, and that his son was too young to do it himself, so it must be a mistake. The boy was seen playing on the floor with the phone, pushing buttons, and it seemed obvious what had happened.

However, the police began investigating the area, suspicious of the man’s nervousness. It was then that they found over 500 marijuana plants, and exposed a large in-home growing operation.

The man was arrested, and the boy was taken from the home. He was later given over to his mother, who did not live at the residence, and was unaware of what the father had been doing.

He will face charges in April."

http://chattahbox.com/curiosity/200...-11-month-old-leads-police-to-500-pot-plants/

2. Nero_Designs

Nero_Designs Inhaled Dreams

i'd strangle my child if i were him.

nah, wouldn't have the balls to strangle an infant.

i'd shoot him.

3. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

thats some bs

4. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

he wasnt actually arressted and it is infact a true story, i live about 25 minutes from where it is

he'll get off no problem though because the cops entered without a warant or just cause

5. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

^They can enter in emergency situations, which this could potentially have been, but the fact that they searched because he was nervous is total bullshit

6. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

it wasnt an "emergency situation" because the guy answered the door, told the cops the kid had phoned, then proceeded to enter his house

he'll get off no problem in Vancouver i guarntee you

7. lucjl volcin

lucjl volcin Senior Member

He would have no chance if he lived in the U.S.

8. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

^ lol so true

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

a friend of mine.. he had personal issues and problems.. but was still somewhat of a friend.. but he was all tweaked the fuck out at home with his 2 kids.. and one of them accidentally called 911.. cops showed up because of the call.. and he was arrested. he was let out and cleaning up.. his family moved and last i knew he was leading NA meetings...

10. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

Actually, in the US the case would probably be thrown out.

And the guy DIDN'T let them in, they came in because there was no response, but they started searching because he looked nervous, which is a load of shit cause anyone would be nervous if people broke into your house with guns pointed at you.

11. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

^ he answered the door bro, i have the actual fucking news paper with the story in it, not some 3rd party website..

they were concerned the baby was hurt or somthing or somthing else was going on

12. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

having a 11 month old infant with a 500 plant indoor grow is kind of irresponsible. for security reasons (what if someone tries to rob his shit?), and for safety reasons (that much lighting and electricity has got to be a fire hazard unless he's an electrical engineer). having a 10 plant or less grow is one thing with an infant, but 500...? damn. to each his own i suppose. maybe he was just trying to pay for his kids college education...

13. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

lol, i see it now *man pays tuition with pot money* lol, *man pays tuition with 300 crumpled 10$ bills*

14. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

^ because he sells dimes right? :/

15. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

yeah thats what i was wondering, idk canadas laws but in the US they wouldnt be able to use that in court because there was no emergency, and they had no reason to enter.

But they would still take all the plants away? and probably keep a close eye on the guy....

16. DcloudRnineO

DcloudRnineO Member

because we know, right?

17. y Epitaph x

y Epitaph x Member

smoke a fuckin' bowl you pansy

18. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

no one growing 500 plants is selling grams, i'll tell you that much

19. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

cops just cant enter or search your houes or car or belongings unles.s

they got a warrant, you give them consent, there is probable cause, not just their own little hunch.

his lawyer or whatever can just say well illegal search and seizure and have the weed thrown out as contraband.

20. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

people with full houses of plants get out on 10,000 bail and no jail time, he'll get out like nothing