Baby Shower gifts

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Lady Neko, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

I am going out today to buy my friend's baby shower present.I am thinking a boppy. That is what is on her list. What exactly is it? Plus I need to buy a special bead for her. What will happen with that is at the shower everyone says why they chose their specific bead and once that is done it will go on a necklace. Then she will wear it when she gives birth. What do you think?

2. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

sounds great a boppy is a pasifier

3. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

That might be some people's name for a pacifier, but the boppy that most mamas-to-be register for is a U-shaped pillow that can go around their waist and help support the baby while breastfeeding. Here's the website: http://www.boppy.com/
    A lot of my friends and family who have had kids LOVE them.
    I think the necklace idea is great. MUCH, much better than most baby shower games.

4. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

that could be it to

5. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i ended up getting a soft cube toy set for her little soon to be born girl. its cute. but i also got her a little pink bear to go along with it. my dad bought mickey mouse window stickers. and i got her a little bottle of organic baby lotion. then i found a green and blue bead that reminds me of earth which equals gaia which equals mother to me. ^_^

6. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

p.s. thanks for answering btw ^_^

7. lucyloo

lucyloo Member

I think the bead/ necklace idea is so cute. :) I've already had my shower but I would have loved to have done something like that.

8. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

Im actually makin a diaper cake for my friends shower. ANyone ever made one of these. The persons who puttin on her shower is goin to actually use it as a little thing to sit on one of the tables. Im adding some baby onesies to it an some baby bath stuff and some lotion......After I make it I will repost and post pics for everyone. I think they make the best baby shower gifts!!!! And who cant use diapers at that time lol

9. lucyloo

lucyloo Member

yeah someone made a diaper cake for me and I loved it!

10. lucyloo

lucyloo Member

11. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

My shower gift to my friend was a bit extravagant, but she said it was one of her most useful.

I bought a Moses basket at a consignment store ($15), filled it with 5 onesies, 3 sleeps, 6 side-snap shirts, socks, a baby hat, a dozen cloth diapers, 6 newborn pro-raps, a tube of lansinoh nipple cream, a package of mother's milk tea, and a good bar of fair-trade chocolate.

I wanted to also add a bag of sitz-bath herbs, some cloth breast pads, a book on momma-wisdom and trusting yourself, and a booklet/card on the various things mommas have learned (AP-friendly of course).

Any of those things will be good. She'll get plenty of cutesy (barely used) clothing and almost-useless trinkets and accessories. And not near enough of what she needs.

Oh, also, offering her set times of when you can come by during the weeks after the baby is born to make her dinner, do her laundry, straighten her house, play with her older children (if she has any), or just keep her company/hold the baby so she can shower is an AWESOME and seldom given gesture.