baby names

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Allonym, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

no, im not pregnant

would you decide your babies names before you got pregnant? not just conceptualized or came up with a few options, but argued with your partner until you settled 100% on names for a girl and a boy?

trying to discern how 'normal' this is...

2. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I wouldn't. Cba.

3. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

i don't think the poll has enough options.

i think about names, but obviously i'm not naming that kid till i see its blue and red slimy face

4. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

Well, I know there's certain names I like, and some I dislike.
    We named chose my nieces name after she was on the way Calleigh Ann, and we have chosen the next girls name she will have. Madeleine Skye.
    We have one more girl name to choose. dunno what it will be.

5. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

We've got names picked out but obviously they may still change.

6. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

i have names picked out that i like, but they're just names i like and that's it. there is no room for children in my future.

7. zilla939

i always wanted to name my daughter azura kelly.
    dean wants to name our son xavier or something. lol. poor kids..

8. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

is the name Lydia gay? I was just watching Mrs. Doubtfire... and the one daughter's name is Lydia.. or Lidia.. I actually think it's rather pretty

9. chemigals

chemigals They call me Chemi

I picked my daughters name before she was born,I was pretty young and just picked a pretty name.
    NOW tho I dont think I could possibly even think about naming a child untill I had seen them, I mean not even think of any names....just wait and see what I thought wen I 1st saw them.

10. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

I agree.
    With my daughter we picked through a bunch of names we liked- We picked her 1st name long before I was preggy with her, but weren't 100%- until pretty late in my pregnancy.
    middle names we narrowed them down to four , and "met" her to decide. I have to say it was nice to chose a name that fit after getting to see her and hold her , if that makes sense

11. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

well, not enough options = feel free to discuss, rather than just voting and not commenting

i dont mind thinking names in a really theoretical way, ie "bob sounds nice", but trying to argue with your partner for a name years before theres gonna be any small people seems awfully silly to me *shrug*

12. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

i thought and thought of names, when you are pregnant and tell ppl what names you have, they become SO judgemental its rediculious. people say that they wont be, but they cant help it. but i went through alot of names and decided exactly the name of my son. it was tough. now, im married, and we have both agreed on names. one for a girl and one for a boy, if we ever do have a baby together. (we each had a kid before we were married)

13. zilla939

precisely precisely precisely :cheers2:

14. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

just kidding I don't really like it anymore

15. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

If I get knocked up thinking of a babies name is the last thought I think I would have on my mind! :D

16. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

Even before I was pregnant, I thought of a few names I like, after I was pregnant we discussed names as well, but when she was born we chose a different name anyway. Ambers name was going to be Shannon, but when we saw her she looked like an Amber.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

There are a few names I really, really like and my (future) partner better agree.

18. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Well, we're naming our first daughter Kaylin Marie...other than that, we really don't have any names picked out.

19. BrandO84

BrandO84 Member

My ex-wife and I had our daughter's name picked long before she ever became pregnant. It's not that we sat down and put effort into coming up with it, it just happened in passing one day but it stuck because we liked it so much: Angelina Faye.

Of course, I have put thought into what I want to name a son if I ever have one. It'll just be a matter of hoping the woman I'm with agrees to the name, LOL.

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I'm only having boyssssss.