baby insomnia!!!!! eeeek!!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by annabegins, Aug 30, 2005.

1. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Aww anna, I feel for you. Those times when you're bone-tired and your little one is as awake as can be are tough. I remember them well. Don't worry, it will get better, I promise! :)

{{{HUGE HUGS and SLEEPY VIBES}}}

2. willow1313

willow1313 Member

How old is your baby? One of mine is going through the exact same thing right now but I think it's due to teething.

3. pebbles'dad

pebbles'dad Member

I have two kids (6 and 1 yr). My oldest slept bad until he was two-and-a-half. I found that the best solution was to not interfere too much, just make sure that everything is OK (diapers, no fever, etc..) and then let him/her cry for some time. Kids wake up every 2/3 hours. Some start to cry, some don't. If they notice that you come and check everytime they start crying, they'll want you to continue doing that. (babies can be very demanding :) So don't make it a habit! I know it's much harder to let a baby cry, than to go over and comfort it, but you really should try, otherwise you, and the baby will quickly crave for sleep. Also, if you get exhausted, go talk to someone, dont keep it inside. I know from personnal experience what a bad trip systematic lack of sleep can be. Feel free to mail me at vdh@vki.ac.be
    Good luck and hold on!
    Luvs
    V.

4. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

how old is your son???
    I had the same problem with my son ( whois now 6 months) what i have been doing for the past 4 months is i have been feeding him a big dinner about a half hour before he sleeps. then i give him a warm bath to help sothe himm then after bath i give him a boob and he goes right ot sleep and stays asleep until 4 in the morning then he will wake up and have a bottle and go back to sleep. all you need to do is try to get in a routine at night and stick to it. good luck

5. annabegins

annabegins Member

he's 2 months old. but i found the remedy. letting him sleep in my bed with me for now, and he sleeps for 5-7 hours. so im a very happy mommy with plenty of sleep now. :) :) :) :)

6. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Watch out, at some point they start kicking in their sleep...and there goes YOUR sleep again ;-)

7. annabegins

annabegins Member

i get kicked in the ribs, and fingers in my face , but its cool.