Baby Boy Clothing

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Past_VNE, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Past_VNE

Past_VNE Member

I would love it if you could point me in the direction of cool, hip clothes for our 6 week old son. I can't stand the clothing that we have now, it's sooo mainstream I could scream. Pastel teddy bear crap, eck!

I want his attire to reflect our lifestyle but don't know where to start. I've googled everything imaginable, but only find tie-dyed stuff, which my husband hates.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. I think, in the meantime, I'm going to start modding his plain onesies and t-shirts.

Thanks, folks.

(I'll do an intro tomorrow. I'm beat.)

--Jaclyn

2. jamaica

jamaica Member

3. greenfiddler

greenfiddler Member

there are a lot of natural, unbleached, organic cotton baby clothes out there- but they can be very pricey. an alternative to that is something i did: but a couple pants a little too small , and then sew side panels in, or make pants completely patchy. We also hand painted pictures onto plain onsies, and kept him wrapped in homemade patchy blankies. knit hats are cool too.

4. Past_VNE

Past_VNE Member

Cool, and she's fairly local, too...I'm not too far from Philly. I really like the blue overalls....maybe I'll order a pair. Thanks for the link. You're right, I definitely think there is money to be made here.

5. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

This site looks pretty awesome. There are so many sites out there that offer patchwork, clothes, blankets, and accessories. I have also put side panels into pants that are too small. And I've made entire patchy pants. My son owns a lot of tye dye also. But then I love it so why wouldn't he. Just do a web search on tye dye or patchwork. There are just too many sites to list here. Made2Match also has organic baby clothes and things. Or Under the Nile. Go on ebay for some of these. Little Hippies and Little Lefties have great stuff. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Kathi