awesome headshops in CT

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by dionne, May 2, 2007.

1. dionne

dionne Member

hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good headshops in CT? I lived in boston last year and had like a huge selection of quality shops but know I come back here and I don't know like any really good places

2. gymshorts

gymshorts Member

I don't know where in CT you are, but there's a store called the wasteland, in Torrington and in Bristol.. other than that, my favourite is The Trading Post in Avon.

3. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

The Trading Post is the Best.... Old Glory is in Middletown and Old Lyme (or maybey just Lyme) and there okay.... expensive since there a nationally known store

4. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Oh .. Wasteland isnt all that good either.... they seem to have more Harley stuff lately

5. HoodHop

HoodHop Member

hey i live right by old lyme lol

6. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

In Northeastern Connecticut try The Bench Shop in Willimantic or Skeleton's Closet in Storrs.

7. Ehoney29

Ehoney29 Member

In Waterbury there's Lifestyles, which is where I go.

8. Alison

Alison Member

There's another new one in Waterbury that just opened up called "Shock n' Awe" off Route 8, exit 36. They just opened up, and have wonderful interesting items at good prices. The people who opened this place are so cool and humanitarian, you feel like you've known them all your life. Great place, - gets a gold star from me ;)

9. Ehoney29

Ehoney29 Member

Really? I'm gonna have to check that out soon.

10. Alison

Alison Member

Yes, it's right off exit 36 in that small strip mini mall next to the tatoo place.
    The nicest headshop I've ever been in.

11. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Sunshine Daydreams right on the Branford/Guilford border is nice for anyone in this area.

12. nerissa

nerissa Member

Group W Bench - New Haven.
    Tumbleweeds - Niantic.
    I second Sunshine Daydream.

13. EMAT101

EMAT101 Member

utopia
    norwalk,ct

14. hxcbaby

hxcbaby Member

ay yo that is one of my favorite head shops to go to.. its so cheap there (well some of them are) and they have like drumming things i heard about... kunga girl told me about them... haha my first time in there my friends and i were talking to the woman who was working there and i asked her wat her name was and she was like "kunga girl" haha so ever since then i call that head shop kunga girl,.. and we bought a bowl from kunga girl and we named it kunga girl haha.. it was a fish that the mouth was where the carb was.. it was so cute!

15. MtManbytheSea

MtManbytheSea Member

In Norwalk, there's a decent shop called Utopia. Good place to score tickets also.

16. wakeboarder

wakeboarder Member

UTOPIA! Haha I remember going there with my mom when I was living in CT for grade 5... not sure why I was there, but I remember looking into the 18+ section and thinking "I thought that was illegal"

17. shocknawesmokeshop

shocknawesmokeshop Member

Yep, check out some photos at myspace.com/shocknawesmokeshop its currently a work in progress but should be up and running in no time, also a facebook page will be up soon

18. Jadesmom810

Jadesmom810 Lizard Queen

Habbits, and Northern Lights in Enfield are the best around here.

19. Stonertower420

Stonertower420 Senior Member

Yeah I love Shock and Awe. I just bought a bong there that was 2 feet tall, really thick glass, and had Grateful Dead bears on it for only 90 dollars. This guy Pete that works there is also giving me and my friend a really nice discount on this bong that was originally 50 dollars and putting it down to half price. I'd definitely reccomend it, way better than Lifestyles.

20. AZZCRAK

AZZCRAK Member

The peeps at Shock and Awe are definitely chill and know how to make there customers feel at home....and the lady behind the counter IMO is total milf.

Sunshine Daydreams in the Brandford/Guilford area is a guy that converted a big chunk of his house into a headshop. They've got a pretty big assortment of pipes, bowls, and bongs to browse through. The staff is made up of a bunch of pothead teenagers which is cool, but if you're in need of expertise it seems like the owner is the one to go to with his vast knowledge of recreational drugs.