Average New Zealand salaries

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Grownuts, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Grownuts

Grownuts Member

I genuinely am moving to New Zealand within the next year, as England is falling apart and I can get good money as a programmer. I wanted to find out in New Zealand Dollars what the kind of good salary ranegs are for professionals and also what rent for a 2 bedroom apartment or condo costs.

Oh, is there any dangerous wildlife too? What's the local pot like?

Cheers, M'dears

Grownuts

www.entheogenius.com

2. awesker

awesker Member

hey bro, if your a programmer it shouldnt be a problem to get a job esp in auckland, which part are you moving to ?? a good salary rangers from 70-100, I dont know many more people that make over 100 but a modest is around 70,000 per year.

Only dangerous things over here is the odd p-feind and angry dog ... there is the whitetail but finding one of them is like winning lotto, only bad :p nah mate .. nothing to worry about over here. pots good too!

3. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

yeah bro, there isn't any dangerous wildlife here... seriously...

pot is damn good. It depends on the area of New Zealand where you're planning on living though...
    where are you planning to move to? I'd assume either Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch or Dunedin as the four biggest cities...

4. veinglory

veinglory Member

Look online for salaries adjusted for coat of living. salaries are lower but so are costs. NZ has only one native mammal and it's a tiny harmless bat. Only yhe people are dangerous (as with everywhere). the pot is excellent but NZ is falling apart just like any other nation. Don't expect to find Brigadoon.

5. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

Also, the average rent for a two bedroom apartment in wellington is between 200 - 400 a week - it all depends where you get your apartment. The really nice ones are the 3-400 a week. average is 2-300 a week.