Average mass of shroom when dried

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by solomoni, Apr 16, 2007.

1. solomoni

solomoni Member

As I am currently growing some B-Plus psilos, I am wondering as to how much the average mature mushroom weighs when dried.
    Yes, I know that each grower's yield varies? not to mention varies by the strain?, but, generally, how much does the average dried mushroom weigh, or how many dried mushrooms are on average needed produce a gram?

2. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

this is nearly impossible to answer, you know. some mushrooms weigh 1/4g and others may weigh 5g or more. the biggest that "my friend" ever grew weighed about 2g dry and were about 8-9 inches long.

a four inch mushroom that is 1/2 inch wide *MIGHT* weigh about 1g dry.

3. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

It's time to get a scale :drool:

4. PatternOfChaos

PatternOfChaos Member

Cubensis mushrooms are generally ~90% water weight so for practical estimates you can say that if you have a 10 gram shroom wet weight it will be about 1 gram dried. In my experience the 90% figure usually can be + or - 3 or 4%. Make sure they're completely dried before you store them away.

5. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I heard that it can be around 5g or more. It sometimes depends on the strain and longtivity of growing...