Autism/Medical Marijuana, etc.

Discussion in 'The Autism Spectrum' started by Orsino2, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Does anyone smoke herb for medical purposes such as autism or depression?

Personally, I just like to get baked. You know--ripped.

But I also have clinical depression (I've always believed everyone has depression, though, but alas, I have been diagnosed with such) and adult high functioning autism, which is to say that I am not neurotypical... and it helps for my kneeshakes and rocking (It has caused everything from relationship issues to worried family members to stare at me endlessly at holiday dinners), and sort of helps me feel a bit more stretched out and at home. I do not take any prescription medications because I believe the role of the FDA and pharmaceutical companies is to do their job, which is to control and sell drugs as much as possible, not focusing on cures (well, why would they...) while the government invests in those private interests and vice versa, and that is morally incorrect, as is ruling the economy as being higher than God, while printing In God We Trust on legal tender... but I suppose nobody really cares about things like that, and they'd rather get high or something. You know how that goes.

Anyway, this here bong rip is for those out there being total badasses, just trying to keep on keeping on and keep on truckin and shit.

Ron Paul for president in 2008 or bust. Support the BC Marijuana Party/BC3 and NORML. Cool beans.

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

nah, i think like 50% of ppl who use medicinal weed arent actually in need of it, just want it. u see i could say i have insomnia, depressionand very high paranoia. i need weed to calm down, stop worrying and go to sleep. when in reality i get so much sleep i dont need as much of it, also i get depressed due to little sunlight in GB, that means the vit D absorbed through my skin is very low and im moody, also i have slightly higher paranoia than others. these arent rare, infact theyre pretty coomon and simple things, but if exagerated a little, boom im a disabled retard who needs weed to live. im only talking about fakers doe, there are real people in pain who need herb

so peece and keepn on rolling, cuz xtc is no fun when u roll out of spinal fluid and need your sisters breast implants to stay alive

3. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

I'm pretty sure I have Asperger's, and marijuana doesn't help me at all, in fact I think it makes my symptoms worse because I get a bit anxious and analyze everything that much more, but I still smoke anyway :) I just had to learn to stay out of social situations when high, and also not to smoke too much.

4. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

Right now in my journey I find marijuana to be very beneficial, although I wouldn't say I use it more medicinal purposes.

5. Orsino2

That it does, but I find being able to be even more focused when I'm twice as relaxed to be appealing.

6. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Nowadays, pot doesn't do shit to me except make me feel stupid. I used to love how it made me feel like I knew everything in the world. Haven't smoked weed in 6 days, and I'm not missing it too much TBH. I will smoke it if it's around, don't get me wrong, but I would much rather pay for 2 or 3 doses, than for a quarter or a half.

7. jusdino4it

jusdino4it DR. Lifetime Supporter

Huh, i use weed for just that. Insomnia, depression, and to help me fall asleep. I rarly smoke other then when i start having panic attacks, or at night to fall asleep. I consider that medical. It has posative effects on my mental health, so to me that is just as much a medicine as anything else. Obviously there are people who get much more important benifits, like people with cancer, but just because i dont use it for somthing life threatening dosent mean its not medical.

And OP, you have a fuckload of posts. What section are all those in?

8. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

same here.
    I use it more for spiritual/mental health than physical health, but imho those are all related.

9. Orsino2

Wherever.

These days, I have my own forum, which is in my sig if you click my Ron Paul banner deal... that's where I mostly stay now.

I still come in here to read and lurk, but most of the time, I'm just like "wtf... this is ridiculous, what happened to back in the day"... etc.

I should post out of my forum more, though...

10. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

I started smoking for fun, and quit to join the navy. about5 months in, i started having anxiety attacks, breakdowns, and I was discharged.
    I smoke to:
    --prevent unnecessary nightmares
    --eat enough food, my metabolism is haywire after babies
    --prevent incapacitating depression (lost one of those babies to SIDS, and I was depressed before that happened)
    --dull my horrific back pain

those are the reasons I would classify as medical, but it helps with the little things too. Makes life happier, a little more worth living. It also helps me see and appreciate the small things, like when my son snuggled his first blankie. I can never find a camera, but I remember all those little moments, and it certainly helps me remember my son's twin who died.
    Marijuana helps a lot of people with a lot of things,and I begrudge no one their reasons.

11. Le_Femme_Floral

Le_Femme_Floral Member

^ I am so very sorry for the loss of your child. If I could hug and cuddle you, I would.

It helps me not worry when eating; making me feel more comfortable with eating.
    Plus, I have severe depression. By severe I don't mean feeling some days, I mean attempted suicide, cutting, rehab, et cetera.
    And, due to my depression, I ache a lot and weed is one of the only things to keep me comfortable.
    There are a lot of other reasons, but my meds are knocking me out :]

12. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

i suffer from depression sometimes and i know smoking makes me feel a whoe bunch better

but uh i dunno i met some autistic kid tonight.
    he stole my beer