Austic child hatemail

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by GammaRae, Aug 20, 2013.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

After reading that letter again, something tells me that was not a concerned mother who wrote it. Seeing the juvenile syntax and format of the letter, and the kid's age level (12-14), it seems to suggest that it was probably written by a bully who doesn't like him. Middle schoolers are the biggest assholes of any age group.

2. breakfastattiffanys

breakfastattiffanys Guest

Remind this person that Hitler wanted these people done away with too. The Nazis's did awful experiments on disadvantaged people suffering from Autism etc.,
    People who think like Hitler are satanic and evil. Hitler was a Satanist.

3. PorcelainChinaDoll

PorcelainChinaDoll Guest

With how messed up the world is, that letter is expected. Actually just hate is expected. My heart really goes out to the people who are treated like they are inferior. Bunch of bull...but it's technically not a threat so it still falls within the first amendment: free speech. But why do they announce this to everyone? They just want to fill the news with cover ups. It's horrible. She disgraces humanity with that pitiful action.

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Your amendments have no bearing on this, since it did not happen in the US.

5. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Wait?! Not everything happens in the USA?
    Impossibru!!!

6. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I think it's stupid, what was written. But it's not criminal that I can see. If anything I think it's showing the writer's ignorance and fear. I bet that kid's a good kid, and I bet the writer is fearful of the shit Hollywood spews out, not reality.

ETA: we also know only what the media tells us. We don't know the whole story. With that said I want to reflect on a woman in our town when I was growing up. She her self was desperate for attention, to the point that she'd do things to her kids and blame it on others, for attention (munchowsin syndrome?). Along those lines there is a woman in the town in which I live now, and she is in a predicament that provokes me to consider this issue as applicable in this case. She has a mental disorder, and she makes allegations against neighbors for things they havn't done. She won't say it to their faces but behind their backs, and she does it for attention. So it is possible, though I am unsure if it's probable, that a mother can in some instances make such an allegation against someone for attacking her child, when truly she just needs more attention than she's getting already. Not that I'm attacking it or her, but that it could be an issue.

One key factor here is the mailbox. Community mailbox. Everyone's got a key...for their box. Anything else is mailed. Which means the USPO is now involved since it's a possible hate crime where their services are used to enhance the hate crime.

Know what I mean, Gene?

7. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Must have been a Teabagger.

8. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

The author wrote: "What right do you have to do this [house an autistic child in her neighborhood] to hard working people!!!!!!! I HATE people like you who believe, just because you have a special needs kid you're entitled to special treatment!!!!!"

Bitch obviously has no clue about VI The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and supplement thereto Title II Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Both are Federal laws which the author violated with vicious attacks by means of interfering with the homeowners bundle of rights- the first and foremost; the right of peaceful enjoyment.

This is something that is actually taken very seriously. Does anyone know the result of the investigation?

By the way if you feel you or someone you know has experienced housing discrimination, there are accessible outlets that will help you. This applies to any legal citizen in the United States who rents or owns - anyone.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_discrimination

9. eggsprog

I don't think that the Americans with Disabilities act has much authority in Canada.

10. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

Hmm good point.

http://69.89.31.83/~disabio5/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/CDA-reformat.pdf

CDA Canadians with Disabilities Act, which has been in construction since 1944 (even earlier than ours in the US). Given the immense number of funding programs, I'd venture to guess the homeowner has substantial leverage against this discrimination and abuse. How one might complain to the government? I'm not sure as I'm not a Canadian citizen.

Still curious to know the result of the investigation though.. ?

11. eggsprog

You can't really complain when you don't know who did it. There was a huge public response to this, people went door to door letting people in the neighbourhood know what had happened and asking if thy knew who might have done it. As far as I know, they didn't find the person, but it also hasn't happened again, so I assume the message of acceptance from the community did the trick.

12. Comfortablynumb11

Comfortablynumb11 Member

I hate that ignorant people such as that take up oxygen.

13. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So is The Mother playing Offense, or Defense?
    Seems like this letter has allowed her to go on the offense herself.