Attracted to girls, more yet less so than guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 26, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

Alright, I've never had a gay experience, I'm not openly bi or whatever, I've dated a ton of guys, I'm your typical straight girl. Heres the thing:
    I am attracted to girls in a different way than guys. Like, with guys I can take one look and decide if he's hot. I love guys, dating them is incredibly fun. I wouldn't have it any other way (or would i?) But after I decide if a guy is hot/nice or w/e, thats my opinion of them, I don't pay alot of attention, I mean, I do, but it's equally distributed attention. I'd never stare or check a guy out unless he knew I was checking him out, which is a clear signal for 'lets talk' But with girls, I watch them, note their habits, patterns, I watch her flip her hair, or watch some other girl write in her books, I pay much closer attention, and I adore girls for all their qualities and idiosyncrasies. is this just a simple appreciation for the same sex? I dont know waht it is but i'd never write in a journal about a boyfriend and how much I loved him or anything like that, but I've written about a girl or three that I find totally hot and interesting. Sometimes I plainly think a girl is hot, but like thats just animal magnetism. Anyways I prefer girls to guys I guess, but i couldn't really say I'd prefer to date or have sex with a girl to a guy, I like guys that way.
    Any thoughts?

2. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

Hmmm.

I don't know, it's you, it's hard for me to feel the exact same thing and give a diagnosis.

But if I were to do that, I would say that you
    a)have a deep, serious appreciation for women, which is a beatiful thing for any woman to possess.
    b)are bi and haven't yet had an experience with a woman.

I'm not sure what else there is to it.

3. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

the thing is I dont fantasize about chicks, and i'm not randomly turned on by them, i mean of course like angelina jolie or ally sheedy, yes It's a turn on where theres an intimate scene with them, but thats still not 'turned on'. I dont know there doesnt seem to be anything sexual about my thoughts...

4. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Sounds to me like you are merely very interested with females.
    like... uh... damn, I had a good explination in my head but I just forgot it.
    Oh well.

I wish I had something else constructive to add...
    but... ah, nevermind. Shitty memory.

5. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

I think it's a bit early to jump the gun and say 'yes, you're bi'...

I think anyone can appreciate members of the same sex and not want to have relationships with them...I enjoy watching birds (the feathery kind) flying around the garden and I like watching their behaviour etc, but it doesn't mean I want anything!!

Maybe one day you'll meet a woman and fall head over heels for her. Until then, maybe it's best to keep your mind and heart open for people in general, not just one sex.

Hope I've said something useful.

xxx

6. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

i'd say you have a fascination with the same sex. statistically females check out other females wayyy more than they check out guys. but you seem to have a deeper appreciation than most completely straight gals. i'd say don't push it, but if the oppurtunity arises to get close to a female and you feel right, go for it. no need for labels, but it's good to keep your options open, you never know what you could be missing out on :)

7. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

Women are so easy to admire. When I was younger I used to feel the same as you do. I have only been with men though. no need to label yourself. Just accept and appreciate your feelings toward women; see where those feelings take you :).

8. peaceful420

peaceful420 Member

I'm bi, and I'm very much the same way. Whenever I look at a guy, I don't analyze him, he's either hot or he's not. Girls are different. I love watching them and seeing what they do. they're beautiful creatures, and sometimes I could just watch them all day. I've never had a crush on a girl just because of the way she looked, even though that's happened to me w/a guy. Girls are just so much more interesting and harder to understand. I think you'd have to really know something about a chick to be with her than just have a sexual attraction. That's not weird at all. I've always been that way.