Attacked by a spirit?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by SeveredNebula223, May 14, 2004.

1. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

So, last night I was laying in bed. I think I dosed off, because I dont really remember what led up to what happened. Im not sure, because I wasnt "snapped back into reality", it just floated.

Anyway, I wake up (or whatever) and my room is different. I feel something around me. There is a piercing ringing noise in my head, and a rushing sound (like standing under a waterfall) in my ears.

I try to move, and I find out that I cant. I absolutley cant. Im not "numb with fear" or anything, I just cant move. And the harder I fight to move, the louder the noise and the rush gets. I think Im dreaming, but I can move my eyes, and stick out my tongue but thats it. The noise got so loud it was overwhelming. My body felt really tingly, it was like vibrating. And in my mind I said something like "I will fight you to my last breath!" and it stopped.

It was scary as fuck.

My friend had a similar experience, however she could've sworn she was also being raped.

I prayed like fuck until I fell asleep.

What do you think it was?

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Ummm....weird....Could it be...

Satan????????

3. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Fuckin get yer medulla oblingata checked...

4. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Dude chillax, don't worry about it. Thats the prelude to an out of body experience. Its freaky cause you go through the same process at death. Your soul separates you from your body. Not that you were dying. It scared the sh*t out of me the first time it happened.

5. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

Also known as 'night terrors'. At night when you sleep your body goes into a type of paralysis to stop you from acting out your dreams. Sometimes people wake up and the parylisis has not worn off. This can last from anything to a second to a couple of minutes. People also report seeing things while in this state as they are not fully awake - their body is still in a 1/2 stage of sleep. I have not personally experienced this myself but am aware that it is extremely uncomterble and frightning for the individual afflicted.
    Someone else mentioned an outer body experience? Perhaps. I have offered and rational explantion but I can't prove thats what happened to you. :p

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

One time I woke up and couldn't move for like thirty seconds...no matter how hard I tried...I was like...paralyzed or something...I started to freak out, then it quit. :eek:

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

sometimes when i wake up from a nightmare i get so scared i cant move and when i try to scream i cant .... i cant talk or move and it is freeking scary

8. NotALabel

NotALabel Member

Im not sure, but I saw a programme on TV a while back about Incubi and Succubi, and I think this is the sort of thing they do, especially what your friend experienced, with the feeling of rape. Did it feel like there was a huge weight on your chest, or something like that? Thats one of the things I remember from that programme. But, don't take my word for it, I'm no expert.

If it was something like this, well done for fighting it off, and you might wanna look into protecting yourself and your aura, I learned the very basics of how to do it last week. You imagine a shell, like an upside-down egg, around your body, about 18 inches away from your skin. Imagine it as a barrier, and you can choose what comes past or not. But thats just the extremely basic stuff.

9. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Hmm I'de smudge my room if I were you...Actually, I think I'll go do that right now

10. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Hmm... something like that has happened to me before. Only not as traumatising. Definitely sounds like an out of body experience. Freaky stuff.

11. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

i heard bout the thing when ur body becomes paralised in ur sleep. apparantly thats what happened to many people who state that they had been abducted by aliens! duz any1 else ever dream that they are floating? and then they wake up and feel that they hit the bed from above? i get that. i love it! ive never had an out of body experience though. i might go start a thread on it now....

12. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

Wow, that's really freaky... But it happens to me all the time... But now I can hear myself (not sure if I'm saying it out loud or not) saying, "Wake up! Wake up!" It's a creepy feeling but I don't think you were attacked... It might've been an OBE and you just weren't expecting it... :)

~ Sapphire

13. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

As Mr. Mackey from South Park would say, "Drug are bad." Just joking :)

There are many things we do not know/understand. The discovery or relization of these can be quiet scary. :(

14. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

Or we could all stop freaking the guy out and try and be as realistic as possible.
    No, thats the wrong thing to say, I accept that strange things happen, I just think my possibility is the most rational.
    I once was sleeping the left my body and watched my body sleeping. It wasn't a scary feeling. It was a very calm feeling.

15. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

yea, sleep paralysis is a bitch. i used to get that all the time. it feels like you're stuck in a nightmare and can't wake up fully or move. one time, i got up and walked around and was half awake, but still hallucinating from my dream. i thought the civil war was going on in my house. it was crazy.

16. Crush

Crush Member

Does anyone have some good information or sites about outer body experiences. I mean. At first I didn't believe it exsisted, but this made me curious. So is there a use to it? If I read this is just friggin' scary :eek: What can you do ones you're outside of your body? I'm curious I know