Astral Projection, and Meditation

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by MarijuanaPhysicist, Aug 23, 2005.

1. MarijuanaPhysicist

MarijuanaPhysicist Member

anyone ever do this stuff while high? and if so care to fill us in on how u do it, im very inetrested to hear the storys u got about it. i met this kid online who claims he can fly over mountains and swim through oceans, and visiting other planets, visiting space stations, visting china, anwere in universe he can go. stuff like that, and he says it feels very real but he knows its not real, its very confusing.... he tried explaing to me how to do it while laying down. but its very hard to do, he told me it took him a couple months to do this while conscious. but he told me to practice it before i sleep. like half awake half asleep, its very confusing..
    somone plz help me...

2. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

What you're talking about is called lucid dreaming. Do a google search for "lucid dreaming," and tons of results will come up.

3. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

ya its like a dream where u know its a dream but its seems real or sumthing but theres a dream forum i think so go to that and ask

4. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

yeah go to the dream forum in lucid dreams you control your dreams,astral projection is a out of body experiance,i use dreams for writting infulence about 3/4 of all the storys i wrote have one of my dreams or an idea from a dream in there,ive done lucid dreams a couple times its sometihng you have to work at, i like to have my unconsous mind do the work

5. Beleg

Beleg Member

This reminds me of something I did a month ago. I was stoned, laying on my porch, looking up at the stars and moon, and I could suddenly see them in a 3 dimentional view. It was like I was in a huge, dark room with lighted balls hanging on strings from the roof. I saw the sky for what it really really was, and I got a very very deep sense of vertigo and distance. It was badass!

6. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

crazy shit, that not astral projection though. Ive always been interested in thangs of that sort. Its like trippin without the drugs

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

not everyone has to ty hard to have lucid dreams. i get them almost every morning.

well sorta. sometimes i know im dreaming.. othertimes i think its real.. and other times i think its real but i know its a dream world anyway, so i can still do heaps of fun crazy things

i tend to get them regularly if i wake up and go back to sleep.

otherwise, just stop smoking weed for a night and you should have a very entertaining evening.

8. MarijuanaPhysicist

damn that seems pretty fucked up, i really wanna learn this... ill have to check out the dream forum

9. MarijuanaPhysicist

thanks alot guys i appreciate ur help in me understanding what this is.

10. rosyposies

rosyposies Member

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

how detailed is your room?

12. rosyposies

rosyposies Member

13. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

Try keeping a dream journal and making a concious effort to remember your dreams in the morning. Once you start doing that, it becomes easier to realize when you're in a dream. Another thing to do is when you're walking around in your waking life, ask yourself whenever you do something common, like glancing at your hands, "Am I dreaming?" and the obvious answer is no. But eventually you'll glance at your hands and the answer will be "yes", thats a good way to realize you're in a dream. Try looking at a digital clock in your dream - you can't read it. Flip a light switch - the light doesn't change. Hell, just look at faces, usually you know who they're supposed to be, but they may have no visable form at all. Once you can realize that you're dreaming, you need to work on not waking up. I've only realized I'm dreaming twice so far, once I woke up right away, the second time I had a little bit of control then went back to just dreaming. It takes practice.

Read up about it in the forums here and elsewhere online. Theres a ton of sites about lucid dreaming and out of body experiences while asleep and that sort of thing.

Also, watch Waking Life. Its a little hard to focus on the first time you watch it, but its an amazing movie. The movie itself is like one long dream. Its deep.

14. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

^^ Sounds like alotta work... and pretty fucked up.

15. -steve-

-steve- Member

I tried to meditate stoned, and came dangerously close to falling asleep:D

16. Colours

Colours Senior Member

dunnoabout you guys but i never remember my dreams when ive been smoking. as forastral projection, ive tried it, usually i just imagine myself getting up and walking down stairs or something, but its kind of dull, and i dont see the point.

lastly, for lucid dreaming, it only happens to me when i dose off while im doing something during the day. Like if im reading or something and i fall asleep.

17. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

For some it is. Some people I know can lucid dream as easily as they can walk down the street. Not all of us have that ease tho =P

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

hehe sometimes when i realise im lucid dreaming i think to myself 'oh boy here we go, time to do stuff i cant do in real life'. but when often when i -try- to do somethingin a dream, my environment turns into a problem.

ive come to see dreams largely as problem solving technique. I come across heaps of problems in my dreams, constantly. when tehrye happy dreams, theres always something thats out of place that I need to learn not to do in case the dream comes true. most of my dreams involve me living my normal life but going all over the place and coming up against predicaments or social situations (confronting people) like as a rehearsal or something.

anyway i had a very funny experience thismorning lol

i was having a dream and i told my uncle like something about me smoking weed caus id forgotten in teh dream of course that the last thing my uncle and i did was spend some time together and he told me how if theres one thing he hopes i do since being suspended, its staying away from dope.

anyway yadi yadi ya i had to put up with lots of shit

then suddenly i get myself to 'my room' which is a random room

someone says something about 'at least youve got that pound of indian shiva gold skunk' or some random name like that and i look around and its one of my mums stoner friends.

anyway i go to lie down on my bed, and there, lowen behold is a HUGE sandwich bag with a pound of weed, with massive buds

i woke up to the sound of my own shout of absolute amazement 'WHA???!?!?' and sat up looking for the bag of weed on my bed hehe then i had to go to school for 6 hours of exams...