Assistance Requested

Discussion in 'Music' started by Comfortably Numb, May 30, 2006.

1. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Member

I am looking for some assistance...

I am a Dylan virgin. I have heard some of his classics, but need help finding a good CD.
    If you had to recommend ONE CD, which one would it be????

Thanks!

2. denimstar

denimstar edge of darkness

Have you gone to any of the music download sites? Just down load the songs you want on a mp3 or thru walmart.com you can build your own CD if you know what songs you want.

3. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Member

I don't know the songs I want...

that is partly what I'm asking for.

I know the song "Blowin' in the Wind" and that's about it.

I'm asking what CD you'd recommend. I don't want to make a CD, I want to buy one.

4. LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo

LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo Member

My personal favorite is "Blood on the Tracks"....which is simply exquisite.

are you looking for Dylan pre or post electric? BOtT is overall a pretty mellow record, but it isn't his vintage acoustic-and-harmonica stuff.

For Vintage Folk Dylan (stuff like "Blowin in the Wind"), I'd go with "The Freewheelin Bob Dylan"

Those are my two faves. Good luck, my lovely Dylan Neophyte!

~Layla

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

im a huge huge HUGE dylan fan... i suggest these albums as a base for your collection

Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan
    Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
    Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
    Bob Dylan - Time Out Of Mind(probably his greatest cd after his early years)
    and for a few live cds.... live music is always a must.. especially when its an artist as great as Bob Dylan

Live 1975 Bootleg Series Vol. 5 "Rolling Thunder"... lot of lesser known songs on this CD.. including a GREAT version of Isis... possibly dylans most underrated song

Live 1966 Bootleg Series Vol. 4 "Royal Albert Hall Concert" - Dylan goes ELECTRIC AHHH!!! that horror LOL jk... but thats how the fans took it back then... and its shown on this cd... great cd to perserve the era in which dylan shocked the folk world... great songs on this cd as well

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Oh... you said one cd... well thats almost impossible... but i guess if you needed just one... get the Essential Bob Dylan cd... it has a mix of songs from all times... early to later in his career.. a bit of everything...

7. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Member

Thanks a million Jokerman! I appreciate your help.

8. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Member

Thank you Layla dear... I appreciate your help. I'll have to see what I can find.