Assignment for school

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by Rand0mChick, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Rand0mChick

Rand0mChick Member

We have to design some kind of Valentine's box that has to do with U.S. history. I chose the hippie movement/the 60's and 70's..but was told I must narrow it down to something more specific. Does anyone know of any awesome ideas. Major events that happened in the 60s. I though Woodstock would be awesome but that idea has already been used...it can be reused but i wanted something more original. So any ideas would be fabulous. Thanks

2. Tuk_Tuk

Tuk_Tuk Member

How about something to do with San Fransisco (sp)... I was recently reading about the Death of Hip furneal that was held ther in '67, by the hippies. Or prehaps a summer of love theme...
    Hope this helps..

Peace and Love,
    Jon

3. indeepthought

indeepthought Member

the Merry Pranksters and the Furthur bus!!

4. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Bell-bottoms, love beads, friendship bracelets

do a google on any of those they have thier own cultural history

sit-ins against segregation, founding of EPA, draft dodgers for hippiesh politics

5. Abyle

Abyle Member

This isn't specifically '60s or '70s, but I think it would be interesting to make one half of the box about draft dodging and the other half about Jimmy Carter's pardons for the dodgers.