Ask her for her phone number? Or dont ask?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Pete's Draggin', May 19, 2019.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

A few weeks ago I went to a steak house that had a bar. I sat down at the bar before my meal.
    The bartender was a beautiful blonde. The name "Liz" was on her name tag. She didn't have a ring on her finger. We chatted cordially on and off for 15min. I wanted to ask her for her phone number. But I didn't. It felt like a big no no, and so cliché.

Today I had breakfast with a bunch of my guy friends. Our waitress introduced herself as "Charity ". She was a beautiful brunette with no ring on her finger. She was very cheerful to me and seemed to give me lots of looks n smiles.

Here I am again thinking, I'd like to get her phone number. I ask my bud Matty sitting next to me if I should ask her for her number. Matt said "No, this isn't the place for that". Then I asked Chris sitting next to me if I should ask her for her number. Chris said "Yes, what do you have to lose?"

I then said to both of them, "You guys are like those fucking angels on my shoulder from the movie animal house!"
    20190519_142519.jpg

I said to Matty, "So in this scenario asking a woman for her phone number is awkward and off limits"? Matty said "Yeah, she might not be into you, it's her job to be cheerful and smiling"

I thought about the situation as I ate and talked. *Pete Shruggs*
    So I decided not to ask Charity for her phone number.

So..asking women for their phone number while they are working is off limits? Is this a universal any job "don't ask for phone number" while a woman is working?

It perplexes me. :(

I know Undies might respond to this thread that if the woman is a hooker she would be willing to give her phone number out. I'm sure the hooker would and it's ok for me to ask. Smfh before hand...

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think it's off limits to ask a bartender or waitress for their number.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

do hookers really give out their phone numbers? it seems like they would be the last ones to want to do that. maybe certain types of hookers i guess, not the street corner type i would think though. i actually tried to think of a profession where it would be normal for someone to ask for your number, and i can't think of an example. i'm sure there is one, but i can't think of it.

on the actual thread subject, asking a woman for her number while working is rather awkward and uncalled for. but everything about asking out a woman is awkward and uncalled for, and then the human race dies.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no way.....takes multiple times at the bar/rest. to get familiar enough to ask a waitress out....they work on tips....its their job to make you feel wanted...the ring is in the car most times...….ive had several waitress girlfriends....good luck peter

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Pete.. give her your! Number!

6. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Well I haven't asked a chick on a date in nearly 10 years but I'd say phone number that shit brother. Worst that can happen is she says no

7. MAN LOVE WOMAN. MAN WANT WOMAN TELEPHONE NUMBER. UNGA BUNGA.

Orison likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Heres a pickup line guaranteed to work:

You: "Would you like to go on an ATE with me Saturday night?"
    Her: "An ATE? You mean Date?"
    You: "No, Ate.....I'll give you the D later"

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

hey what size jeans do you wear?

do you think I could get into them?

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't know. My inclination is to say don't, but you could. I'm just weird about bars I think. I have this preconceived notion about the people in them. Of course I ate at one tonight. Shows what I know. I went to Whole Foods; they have a bar. Anyway...

You could probably get her number if you wanted, right? That can be satisfying enough sometimes.

rollingalong likes this.
  11. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

lol

12. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

This is guarantee to work:

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'd advise against asking for her number. Instead, at some point in the conversation when the energy is high, say something like, "We should continue this discussion over drinks. Put your number in my phone."

Tell her to do it, rather than ask.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Give this a woman a bear pelt already.

Slunted and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  15. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

You never thought just maybe she does this a lot for better tips? A very good chance of that.
    Just sayin

rollingalong likes this.
  16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm...

Nah; unless you happen to run into her somewhere outside of work.

rollingalong likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Attractive servers and bartenders probably get hit on multiple times a day

giphy (1).gif

rollingalong likes this.
  18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is the dime bag and pacifier in the hair necessary?

19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

he's been looking for them all day

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I would not ask for her number in that situation, the bartender especially. From her point of view you're just another drinker hitting on her. Maybe if you went in frequently and got to know her a bit it would be better.