As overwhelming?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Stoned Philosopher, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Stoned Philosopher

Stoned Philosopher Member

Recently I tried salvia. i had some 10X and took one giant bong hit and was out for the count. i layed on a bed and count function. i wasnt able to enjoy the trip, it was my first time and only drug ever done other than weed, and it is such a big difference, i was clearly not ready for what i smoked. anyway in retrospect it was fun, but at the time, in the peak i bugged out. So my question is i want to do the shrooms i recently bought. theyr sitting in my room and im dying to take them but im worried theyll be as overwhelming as the salvia peak for an entire 6 hours roughly. in comparison to salvia how strong are shrooms during the coming up, the peak and coming down?

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

salvia is not really like mushrooms. the only times i've ever done salvia, it was pretty mild. i never 'broke through' as they say.

anyways, mushrooms will be a whole different trip. just like you said salvia was WAY different that weed. mushrooms can get pretty intense, but from my understanding an intense salvia trip might be more intense than an intense mushroom trip...intense:rolleyes:

i mean you could probably eat like a half ounce or something and get close to as crazy as salvia, but don't.

all i can say is try them out and see for yourself. eat like a half eighth if you don't want it to get too crazy.

let us know how it goes.

3. hebrewnational00

hebrewnational00 Senior Member

they're completely different... and produce completely different experiences. salvias peak is probably more intense because of the short duration. But for ur first shrooms trip i wouldnt plan ANYTHING out, dont think too much, just chill make sure ur in a good mood and dont eat more than 2.5g's on ur first trip, i ate 2g's my first time and was a little freaked out but eventually regreted not eating a bit more... the come up of shrooms can be mellow and can be intense, depending on ur mood. once u have reached ur peak a good COMEDOWN on shrooms is very reflective and veryyyyyy MELLOW. a BAD comedown on shrooms is depression and fear. even if u have a bad trip, chances are you will b somewhat releived on the comedown.

IF UR GOING TO TRY IT, JUST DO IT. dont do a lot. dont make plans to watch movies, walk around, listen to a certain type of music; because once you start tripping ur going to let ur self get carried away by the "wave". basically what im trying to say is, RELAX and let it TAKE YOU AWAY, but remember ITS ONLY a drug, and your brain is more powerful than a drug, so YOU CONTROL the trip with ur mood, feelings, and not the other way around.

GOOD LUCK

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

mushrooms will fucking destroy you

but that's the whole point mate.

salvia is intense for a reason :)

5. Desos

Desos Senior Member

won't be anywhere near salvia. maybe i am just sensitive to salvia, but that shit far surpasses any other kind of psychedelic i have ever taken.

6. Dan420

Dan420 Member

I agree, salvia will fuck you up if you're not ready for it. I casually took a healthy hit, I don't know the strength of it, and continued to play Metal Gear Solid. The next thing I remember is this very hellish feeling all over my body and I felt as though I was falling backwards and couldn't grab onto anything at all. All that I could see was the distorted, severely distorted, image of my friends face that was frightening as hell to look at but I couldn't look away. His face literally seemed to fill my entire field of vision. Whenever it was over and I realized that I was actually a human being sitting on a comfortable couch in my friends room, I felt the biggest sense of relief ever. My friend later told me I asked him if I was going to die a good ten times at least, and I remember repeating his name again and again through the short duration. I knew plenty about salvia and its potential prior to this, I just wasn't in the right state of mind I guess, it was completely unexpected and terrifying. That doesn't mean that you can't have an equally frightening experience on mushrooms. Just be safe and listen to some good music :D

7. Dein Liebsten

Dein Liebsten Member

So would 3 grams be too much for my first mushroom experience?

What if i did the lemon juice shot thing on like 2.5 grams?

I'm looking for a pretty intense trip though. I'm completely mentally prepared and all. I've been reading and meditating.

I'm ready to die :]

And I agree, salvia is wayy intense and wayy shorter. I sometimes come out sweating and breathing extremely heavy. But i love it anyway...

8. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

ya mushrooms will completely wipe you...

but it's not the fact your being wiped clean that makes it so jarring, it's the manner in which it does it

salvia is kind of like an angry bitchy woman for me
    mushrooms are kind of like an extremely powerful, but somehow gentle, playful elf

mushrooms have always been way more comfortable for me than salvia

9. Tuktuk08

Tuktuk08 Member

You shouldn't have any plroblems with a bag a shrooms. Even if it is crazy you'll still have a blast.