Are you taken seriously?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by environmental_junkie, Jan 15, 2005.

1. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

My issue is that, mothers side of the family is ultra-conservative and this side of the fmaily happens to be more involved with my life.... Now I find them very demanding of me because they expect so much, and everything I do seems to be something completely unknown to them and they seem to strive to make everything about me a major topic when at family functions...I'm a complete outcast...

Now, to anyone who has paid any attention to my previous threads you know what type of life style I want to live... now I recently brought this up with my Father (who is a naturalist) and he completely supported me on it which made me feel like I was on the right track...now when I mentioned it to my mother and my sister they just kind of looked at me and told me it was unrealistic...My sister said with this thoughtful look on her face "I never realized until now that your a true hippy" ... I didn't know whether to be happy about her insight because she seems to not express herself the way she wants.... my mother told me that I would get sick of it and want more space after a little while, and I don't get it. More space? I'll have the fucking world before me.... she keeps saying how I'm going to come back telling stories about how stupid it was, and I told her that I would come back telling her stories of all the places I've been and experiences I've had and all she said was "true" ....

Is it completely foriegn to some people that nature is freedom?

I am so completely frusterated how people go on an on about how they want freedom and continue to work there fucking corporate jobs, paying taxes to money hungry fascists...people these days live to work, isn't it more ideal to work to live... why is wanting freedom being lazy ?

People are so overcome with the fear of the unknown that it controls them. They enslave themselves to make more money, because without that status they feel unsecure. Money runs this fucking world, imagin how it would be if all off us just stopped working... stopped being a fucking corporate tool... the economy would come crashing down because the rich can't handle to think for themselves... Hell if everyone would stop this bullshit there would be no such thing as poverty, famine would not exist. The world would be one. Equal. Status would be to those with kindness in there hearts and love shown in there smiles...

I am so fed up with this .... greed.

But it wont change. It's impossible to do something revolutionary when the world is so close to complete destruction... :$

Destruction of my mind.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I hate nature.

I can't wait till I can get computer chips implanted in me and can live for weeks off a small amount of hydrogen,

3. environmental_junkie

Well aren't you an arrogant ass?

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

don't seek approval, just do what you want. dont let other people "destroy your mind"

5. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

*holds up mirror* :)

6. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

kaaaaaaaaatie i fucking love you girl! hahahha

7. environmental_junkie

Oh...I never saw myself as arrogant before...

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Maybe a little...

But, I don't take myself too seriously.

try it.

9. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

(none to you stacie, yer awesome as well, but haha katie's nerve is rather amazing sometimes)

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Maybe I'm confused... What kinda lifestyle do you wanna lead?

Do you wanna live in a dam or what?

11. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Your entire statement is full of contradictions. Firstly, if your the family outcast then why is what you do such a big deal? Thats not being an outcast. Secondly, nature alone isnt exactly freedom, I dont know all the details but it seems you would love a naturalist world confined to nature. Well freedom isnt nature, but choices. Thirdly, nothing wrong with working. and lastly, your statement about the world ending, lodui's statement, and then your statement of "your quite the arrogant ass arent you?" is complete foolishness. Just because he has a different opinion from yours doesnt make him arrogant or an ass. And if we could live the way he said then the world would be dying much much more slower. Its been said before that immediate conveniences for you condemn the future, this planets gonna die someday if not from mankind. Technology is good, nature can be good as well, both are opinions. Not Fact.

12. environmental_junkie

I'm the outcast in the sense that... well difference of opinion I suppose.

For you, perhaps it's not. For me it is.

Your right, there is nothing wrong with working...for the right reasons.

I never said the world was ending ,I simply said that world is close to complete destruction... not exactly ment as 'we will all die', I ment it more as our vaules of what we think is important (making money, becoming rich, materialist views, living to work)... but take it as you will.

Again your correct, technology is wonderful. It has helped us with a lot of shit that would be impossible without... but it has also destroyed a lot aswell. People seem to be consumed with this...but it's the generation of convenious(sp?) right... technology has also made it possible to end humanity with one touch of a button... everyone pushes the limits to what is possible, but then ideas fall into the wrong hands.

If everyone was literally sent out to fend for themselves think how different this world would be. I mean some minds dream big, but can not process how to complete there dream while others take the dreams of others and construct them....

This thread was not posted for me to be ridiculed by my way of thought... more of a way for me to vent.

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Thats my point... you're taking this too seriously.

I made a joke...

it struck out apparently...

That doesn't mean I was ridiculing your lifestyle.

14. environmental_junkie

...I do tend to take everything personally... I must learn to stop?

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

We'll I wasn't trying to demean your way of life or whatever.

Don't take anything I say personally, kay. [​IMG]

Take it easy.
    Lodui.

16. environmental_junkie

Well, I understand that you were just trying to make a joke and I wouldn't listen to you even if you told me to go climb a tree... the point is that when you make remarks like that you don't know how the other person will take it!

17. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

imo, kids who act different from their parents, and then try to get approval from their parents for their "differentness", are only doing it for attention. If you really wanted to do this, you wouldn't let your parents get to you.

So, I think, you wanting to do this will all pass in time and you'll become a little sheep, like your mom's side is.

Just my opinion :)

18. environmental_junkie

That is the biggest load of shit I've ever heard!

First off, who ever said I was trying to get approval from my parents? Perhaps the way I was raised and the way you were are to different worlds but I like to let my parents know what I have planned for the future. I like to let them know what I'm thinking. Now, this does not mean that I need there permission or there acceptance for whatever I may have planned this simply means that I want them to know... just because I like them to... Is this so hard to understand?
    Now I don't know how you get off saying shit like this because I make a post about ranting , and you go insinuating a load of garbage about someone who know shit about... if you knew anything about me we would not be having this discussion...

Now your opinion is a bunch of shit and so is your karma right now.

I don't know why people bother assuming shit about others is makes you look like an ignorant ass.:$

19. turtlefriend

turtlefriend Member

If your Mom doesn't accept you for who you are, that's her problem. Let her get used to your lifestyle, she'll probably come around eventually. ;)

20. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Jasus there's alot of highly strung people posting today! :p

/me hands around complimentary spliffs to chill ever one out!