Are you paranoid like me ?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by user313, Jun 1, 2013.

1. user313

user313 Guest

My previous thread is closed.So i am not writing the whole story here to prevent same thing happening again.If you are paranoid about your safety like me i have a plan.If you are like me we can work together to increase our personel security so we can live without anxiety knowing we are safe.I can send you a pm for details.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

In your previous thread you didn't answer how your plan can increase personal security.

Examples: it doesn't prevent injury, assault or murder. Someone might find your body a bit sooner but that is all.

Kidnapping: if your kidnappers want to harm you, your plan isn't stopping them.
    If they want ransom, they will inform someone close to you themselves.

I think you watch too much TV.

3. user313

user313 Guest

Of course my plan cannot prevent instant death or injury but generally when people decides to harm another first they kidnap them.They dont go shoot them in broad daylight.

There are safe and unsafe areas in our everyday life.In my plan we will know instantly if the other person leaves safe zones in an unexpected time.It is all about managing the routes between safe zones and it isnt that hard.

I couldnt send you a PM if you tell me how to i will tell you about details.I cannot tell here to not to get the topic closed.I dont know why but they closed my other topic.

4. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Where I live, most assaults, injuries and murders happen between people, who know each other really well (family members, neighbours, friends, etc.). The reason for them is usually a dispute of some kind.

Are there a lot of kidnappings happening in your city/region?

I've read your previous thread, even posted on it. Everyone can still read it.
    I don't like your plan at all.

5. user313

user313 Guest

6. DarkHollow623

DarkHollow623 Member

Don't go out past ten pm. Walk around with at least one other person when it gets dark. Avoid night clubs, or if you really want to go watch your drink at all time.
    Learn martial arts or something for self-defense in case of small confrontations (carry a switchblade just in case). Don't send personal information on the internet, unless necessary. Avoid social networks. If you buy stuff online, be carefull what you buy, and buy from trusted sources.

Read stuff on the net about anything that could be handy, such as survival guides.

Only answer the phone if you know the number/caller/or if you espect a call. Only answer the door if you espect someone.

If you live in a house, keep all windows and doors locked (have many locks on each door), block the basement windows with bars, have a dog guard the house, make it so the backyard cannot be accessed easily, make it so the front yard is well lit, have a light open when someone aproaches the property, know your neighbors. Lock in storage anything that could be used as a weapon (axe, etc) when not using them.

If you live in an appartment, hopefully you live at least at the 2nd floor or higher. If not, next time you move make sure to pick a higher than ground appartment. Prefer an apparment building with front/back entrances that need a key and that the front entrance also has a communication panel (where you push a button to talk with the resident to gain entrance). Give access only to people you know/when you expect a visit. Don't open to people that say they lost their keys or say they come to visit someone but don't get an answer from them. When you go throught the entrance make sure the door closes back and is locked properly. Have many locks on your front door, only open when expecting someone.

If legal in your country keep firearms close to you but not in a way that it could be used against you, lock away shotguns/hunting rifles, much like you would to prevent children from accessing them. Keep a handgun close to you too, or anything handy such as a knife/ornamental sword (just sharpen it)/crowbar/pipe/golf club/baseball bat/etc. You can make yourself some nice handmade weaponry if you are creative. Practice and learn to use your tools/weapons effectively. Don't use them unless necessary. Learn key points to strike to avoid killing your oponent while disabling them.

Learn a martial art or the like, train to get stronger; if those are within your ability, since some people have health problems that prevent doing those things. If you cannot do these look for alternatives suitable for you. Have your phone ready to call the cops when needed.

Those are just some pointers, a lot can be learned by reading around, or thinking yourself. Of course we're just trying to minimize the risks, as perfect safety doesn't exist. It's just a matter of doing what we can to the best of our abilities.

Oh yeah don't live alone, but with someone you know really well.

You are safer now.

EDIT: Read your other thread, no one's gonna do it friend. Stick to personnal safety, don't count on anyone but yourself (except your friends/family/etc).

7. Lulu1967

Lulu1967 Member

I'm paranoid ... but I don't think I'm like you.

8. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Are you a woman? old thing for Grammy review... huh.

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Nothing wrong with being "Paranoid" -- It simply means HIGH AWARENESS which we all should have now!!

10. Thrashed Mirror

Thrashed Mirror Guest

If you give up freedom for security you'll lose both in the end.
    One year ago I lived in a city where people rumored that I was a cop up to the point where nobody wanted to have anything to do with me. They're just digging themselves deeper and deeper into their own paranoia while screwing with other people's minds, but it all comes back. Now they are desperately trying to sort things out but because the whole "fuck others and protect yourself" thing has become a dynamic of its own they're groping around in the dark.
    I eventually started rolling massive amounts of joints each time I went out to demonstrate open end user status which didn't help anything. Do yourself and others a favor and don't get brick-faced.

11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

user313
    sometimes they do

Dude111:
    i believe there is a difference. having HIGH AWARENESS means being aware of all aspects of a situation, with understanding of the issues and how they relate. Paranoia tho is based on fear, and this fear often controls a person, and they will worry about things that are in fact non-issues, because they don't "understand" the issues, and don't adequately apply reasoning to the assumptions they have made. I know some paranoid people, they are paranoid about things that are ridiculous to even consider, because they don't have understanding of how these issues work. It is very easy to spot paranoia like this, and easy to control. It is like throwing gasoline on a fire, if you can spot the things they are paranoid about, you can feed them exactly the information that will make their paranoia explode, like a computer bug that leaks information in the process the human mind can be hacked as well. If they did actually try and learn about the issues they fear they would no longer be concerned, they lack true awareness, and instead base things off of "assumptions" that they make without the proper knowledge to base an assumption on. More or less, they create these assumptions from nonsense. Knowledge is power, awareness is key, be careful of the assumptions you make. And look at all the data before you, without bias .. in a paranoid state of mind it is easy to selectively see only the information that seems to confirm the assumption or belief, but this data does not stand alone, you can not have tunnel vision and disregard everything else and ignore the big picture.

The cops, the government, people like that, other evil people, they use fear and intimidation to control, by making people believe they are powerless. They love for people to be paranoid. They expect you to believe whatever they say is true, and that they have the capabilities that they claim, and for you to believe that they must because they are authority.

12. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

sure i'm paranoid.... but that doesn't mean they're not out to get me!!

13. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

uhh I disagree that is not a good way... thats bullshit it man about HIGH AWARENESS. You don't need to be paranoid to have high awareness, that is a normal human instinct.
    You're just paranoid man, and I can't help ya

14. Dude111

Ah man!!

15. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

"Are you paranoid like me ?"

Why do you want to know???!!! Who is asking???!!!

16. Dude111

Im telling you PARANOID JUST MEANS HIEGHTENED AWARENESS and today YOU NEED THAT!!

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ Dude... Quit being so paranoid...

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm paranoid of corporate feudalism being called conservatism, and people who believe that it is.

19. Bud D

Bud D Member

I get paranoid. During the growing season there is a small plane that circles over my house for 2-3 hours at a time. Counter clock wise.

I also get paranoid posting online, never knowing when someone is going to be butthurt.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nope, i'm not paranoid like you. i'm paranoid like me.

1 person likes this.