Are you happy to know you will die?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Apr 8, 2019.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Are you happy to know you will die?

Death or the fact that we die seems to be good news to Christians.

It is said that Adam’s sin brought death to earth and that the wages of sin is death.

Christians also sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

This indicates that part of god’s plan and desire is that all people should die. God’s plan cannot be derailed., if god is real.

Do you think god’s plan working? If it is working as god wishes, which must be so if there is a powerful god, and if death is good for us, does the thought of dying make you happy?

If the notion of death makes you unhappy, then why sing of sin, --- and by inference, death, --- as being a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan?

Another issue on the death, specifically the death of Jesus springs to mind.

If Jesus was not a sinner, how could he have died?

Regards
    DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...f1ab3e48b180de250f6a2af629eede11ba94149a9.jpg

2. quark

quark Parts Unknown

“Chanting lines of blind witchery
    To save yourself from extinction
    Wanting to die is your reason to live
    New life born from the oppressed”

Postmortem - SLAYER

Lynnbrown and GreatestIam like this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

This is just how nature and our universe works. It would be disastrous if everything and everyone would keep living. So yes, I (as a spiritual agnostic being with theistic tendencies) am not at odds with the fact on itself. The majority of more convinced theists I know seem to have a similar outlook. Of course having that doesn't mean we're eager to.

GreatestIam likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Everybody dies...

GreatestIam likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I am the black wizards.

6. Ready-kilowatt

Ready-kilowatt Members

Western culture has a distorted view on death and dying, its seen as something morbid and dark and is preferred to be ignored, it's a subject which western people would prefer to not think about.

The esoteric traditions would argue that life is a preparation for death...

Without going into any great detail here, I will say that death is essential, and those who want to freeze their heads to be revived in the future or those who want to become cyborgs and live forever are COMPLETELY missing the point.

GreatestIam likes this.
  7. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

'For the soul there is never birth or death'. - Sri Krishna.

8. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

How did he define the word soul?

Regards
    DL

9. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Thanks to all and let's hope we get a theist to defend the eternal afterlife or eternity with a body that they follow their religions to get.

Regards
    DL

10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I am NOT suicidal.

That being said...I'm ready any time its my time. Dang if I'm not ready to start over again, or something. Lord have mercy I'm tired of feeling well, irrelevant.

To quote someone...

Dying is easy. Its the living that's hard.

11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Read the Bhagavad Gita and find out for yourself.

12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Clint Eastwood ( josey Wales )

Lynnbrown likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nope, not at all.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nope, not at all.

15. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Some guys they just give up living
    And start dying little by little, piece by piece
    Some guys come home from work and wash up
    And go racin' in the street

morrow and McFuddy like this.
  16. I'm ambivalent. But I do believe in an afterlife of some sort. I basically feel that our being is much more connected to base reality than we are cognizant of. I don't think that everything just becomes nothing. We are more intricately woven into the fabric of nature than that. I think that everything is conscious on some level, and we are just a small aberration of that consciousness. I don't know if we remain human in any sense of the word, but I think our energy still exists, and that it is fused with the information of our lives. I do not think we are truly so alone...that everything we know and experience is privy to us only in this life and then one day just evaporates into nothing.

Orison and Irminsul like this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

When I die I see 2 outcomes

1. Atheists are right and I'm simply gone

2. There is a "heaven" and I will get in since I know I am not an evil person

Either way my time with a human body is over and I can no longer have human experiences. I would hope I learned the karmatic lessons I was meant to.

I'm not happy to die but I don't fear it.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

But if you aren't a believer, then you aren't getting into heaven

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If there is a God, there's no way God is that petty. Thats just humans projecting their own pettiness into their belief system.

Thats one big reason why I ventured away from Christianity. If God actually is petty and proud enough to send people to an eternity of hell for not being a believer then I dont need that sort of God in my life anyways

But I think if there is a God, he would be well above trivial human emotions like pride, spite, jealousy, etc

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't believe it, but he spoke of heaven and well, if we are going to talk heaven in a Christian sense then we must abide by that doctrine or else why bring it up at all?

So not a believer, no heaven, plus you can't judge yourself, only God gets to do that so double sinner here. Off to hell!

Me, I don't believe in any of that. Im more of the opinion my soul will continue on, whether it gets fed back to the earth as a reincarnation as another rlifenor animal, or whether the Egyptians were right in their spiritual afterlife where our body is more like an avatar for for our soul and conscious.

I guess though, when we die we are not sacred prepared for that journey as they were when they crossed into the celestial boats. Considering everything has its own resonant sound frequency, perhaps my soul continues on its own form of energy still resonating whatever frequency it happens to resonate at.

Anyway all that is rather disconcerting to me at the moment. I am very much alive and I am trying to live thst life to its fullest.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Meliai likes this.